Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Junior Drum Set, or Practice set

josephandrews.edu

I was thinking about getting a junior drum set cuz they're real cheap, and price is a deciding factor. But im not really a junior anymore, so are they going to be too small to play? And if they are, then should i just get a practice set with , like rubber pads or something. Or do you guys have any other suggestions.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friend got out of the biz and sold all his equipment. His 7-year-old son needed something to play on, so he went out purchased a 5-piece junior kit for $250, put some ambassador heads on it, and had a good little practice kit in no time. Then he got a call to join a jazz quartet, a gig he couldn't pass up, so he bought some cymbals and stands and used that junior kit as a jazz kit. It sounded great! Couldn't believe it.

Well, I jam on my son's Junior kit for fun sometimes but I don't think it could ever be condusive to good practicing.

Besides...when you can get a Mapex Voyager kit brand new for $450 (also somewhat small sized drums), well that's pretty cheap for an excellent kit I think.

Also, check EBay or your local classifieds, you can get used drum sets for REALLY cheap ($200 or less) with good cymbals and all.

This message has been edited by Steve LeBlanc on 08-21-2001 at 03:51 PM

What have you been up to Steve? Wait, lemme guess. Making music?

Yep, I'm recording a lot...I've been bouncing around different forums...mostly the Keyboard Corner...the forum's Keyboard Compilation CD is just about finished, it's really cool.

I lurk on this forum just about everyday to keep up with what's going on but I'm usually in too much of a hurry to post anything.

Archived