Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who makes this Kit?

serpico3

Hi again fellow Drummers, In this months issue or Modern Drummer featuring John Blackwell on page 79 he's sitting behind an an Acrylic Kit in Purple hue it looks awesome as for as visuals go . Is it a Fibes ,relly looking at the lugs an such it seems to be TAMA but I never known Tama to make Acrylic Drums . Hey Guys and Gals comeon someone gotta know......serpico3

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doggone you, Serpico! NOW, you've got me running out to get the new MD issue! Another $5 I could spend on coffee! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

I'll see if I can help give any insight. Oh yeah, and we just moved the thread back up... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always have what you've always had.

Serpico:

I am with you ... I noticed the exact same kit ... and wondered the same.

I think ... (based on the shape of the badge) that he just happens to be behind a Fibes kit, ... but I cannot be for sure.

Others?

DJ

ModernDrummer--I'll buy ya a coffee next time you're in town to make it up to ya. I looked at that set (standing in the rain at the mail box) when my issue came. I'd vote for Fibes, too, based on the shape of the badge.

If I win this little contest, I'll take a week of fun in the sun at Paradiso Lluvioso

I can't complain, but sometimes I still do... --Joe Walsh

Ok, this is a customized kit. First of all, i've never seen acrylic shells in that color by Fibes or Ludwig. Secondly, that is Tama hardware on the shells. Those are definitely Starclassic lugs, and so are the badges. The bass drum spurs are the same ones i have on my Artstar Custom kit, which are the same ones they still use on the Starclassics. Now, I know that Tama doesn't make Acrylic shells(at least, not that i'm aware of) but I'm very confident that those are Tama Lugs. Fibes lugs look more like an hourglass.

I do live in AUstin, and next time i go to Tommy's(the new owner of Fibes), i'll ask Tommy what he thinks.

Archived