Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is your dream gig

rlhubley

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me there's quite a few, and since they are "dream" gigs, some of these will be IMPOSSIBLE. Beck, the guy is incredible, i bet it is just fun! Frank Zappa, not that i could really handle all of the charts, but hey, it's a dream, any jazz-funk project full of great musicians and would have to have organ and a tenor sax(i'm almost there on that one)

But my real dream is to make drumming(playing, teaching, writing, etc.) my primary source of income. I would like to live a comfortable life via drumming. That would be beautiful!

Originally posted by felix stein:

Playing ragtime piano in a whorehouse/saloon in the late 1800's in the far west someplace. Or playing drums with ornette coleman when he was starting out in NYC. Or possibly being an astronaut in the year 3000.

YOU ASKED.

Does Felix come with a laugh track?

• 3 months later...

Well, This is an old topic resurrected, but somehow ... I missed it.

If I could go back in time, I would love to have played for Elton John during the Captain Fantastic era.

Maybe for Styx or Queen!

In today's time, I would love to play for

Sting

Kenny Loggins

Jewel

Lyle Lovett

Kirk Franklin

Michael W. Smith

I could go on.

DJ

Originally posted by djarrett:

Sting

Kenny Loggins

Jewel

Lyle Lovett

Kirk Franklin

Michael W. Smith

I would choose all of the names DJ picked, and add a few others like:

Peter Gabriel

Sade

Chick Corea

The Yellowjackets

... and ... the swingin' King of Kings and the Heavenly Host Big Band ... a gig I WILL have someday ... when it's my time. Talk about THE dream gig! Best music there is, one venue (no equipment tear down), the music never stops, everyone dances (no wall flowers), you never need a break, the best pay in the universe ... and the gig is booked for eternity! :cool:

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Originally posted by Bartman:

... and ... the swingin' King of Kings and the Heavenly Host Big Band ... a gig I WILL have someday ... when it's my time. Talk about THE dream gig! Best music there is, one venue (no equipment tear down), the music never stops, everyone dances (no wall flowers), you never need a break, the best pay in the universe ... and the gig is booked for eternity! :cool:

I also understand there will be no 12-bar blues jam sessions there, either. I'm told that will be eternal punishment, instead.

Archived