Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recording Oriented Drummers Needed for our Online Collaboration Site!

nowRECORDING

Hi! We need your help testing out a new musician

collaboration site called nowRECORDING.com, and as you know the involvement from drummers is critical. Our hope is that if users start off at a consistent tempo using a metronome, etc, that a drummer could add an accompanying percussion/drum track after the fact. We'd like your help determining if this is actually possible and/or practical. Any thoughts? . Have you ever had success at drumming after the fact?

At this site you can post your recording projects in mp3 format and have other members actually submit accompanying tracks with instruments/vocals that you request! Features include

public/private projects, email notification of project

"auditions", and project specific message boards. We're

really just getting started and we need your help to make

sure we can handle significant traffic and work the bugs out

before we officially "launch" the site.

Please come to http://www.nowRECORDING.com and join!

We'd love your feedback and would be happy to answer

any questions. You can email me at

henry@nowRECORDING.com, or call toll free

877-532-1827. Happy recording!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I agree it's more than possible to record 'after the fact' as you've indicated (LOL, IF you ever even come back to read this). IMHO, it's even easier, as I would know where the vocals, solos, etc. are and could place the drum parts accordingly.

I also checked out your website. It sure would be nice if you had a message board / forum and / or a chat room. If you DO, I sure can't locate it on your home page. It's pretty confusing to follow.

And yes, I'd also have to agree with Felix that you shouldn't expect drummers to come in and do this gratis.

J.B.

This message has been edited by ModernDrummer on 08-16-2001 at 10:09 AM

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always have what you've always had.

I agree with both of the above posts. I would need about the same($100-$500)per tune. I do have a question for the other members here: If you did this, how would you do the recording? Do you have a home studio?

Thanks for the feedback; we've gotten conflicting stories. We guess it comes down to whether its for "fun" or "work".

Also, thanks for the comments here and via email regarding the message board. We'll look at a "general" message board for members.

Henry Hutton

henry@nowRECORDING.com

Originally posted by ModernDrummer:

Yes, I agree it's more than possible to record 'after the fact' as you've indicated (LOL, IF you ever even come back to read this). IMHO, it's even easier, as I would know where the vocals, solos, etc. are and could place the drum parts accordingly.

I also checked out your website. It sure would be nice if you had a message board / forum and / or a chat room. If you DO, I sure can't locate it on your home page. It's pretty confusing to follow.

And yes, I'd also have to agree with Felix that you shouldn't expect drummers to come in and do this gratis.

J.B.

This message has been edited by ModernDrummer on 08-16-2001 at 10:09 AM

It would be great if we could somehow work out the logistics of a online recording/approval/payment process. Right now our site doesn't have that capability, but it would be cool...

Thanks for the input :-)

Henry Hutton

henry@nowRECORDING.com

Originally posted by felix stein:

Sure,

I need about 100 to 500 bucks per tune.

Yeah, you'd need a way to import the digital tracks into your recording software/hardware, work with them and add your track, and upload your accompanying track when you're done. It's kind of messy right now using your own software, but in our opionion this idea is just in its infancy...

Thanks,

Henry

henry@nowRECORDING.com

Originally posted by rlhubley:

I agree with both of the above posts. I would need about the same($100-$500)per tune. I do have a question for the other members here: If you did this, how would you do the recording? Do you have a home studio?

Archived