Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

artverdi.com

Dave_dup14

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was long to get the video, but I am glad I waited.

He needs to be commended for his great acomplishments, going back for more of the sounds

Good Job i am enjoying it a lot

I read somewhere, someplace about the height he gets and now I see what they mean. that is hard to do !!!!

• 1 month later...

Hey, Guys:

There are great drummers like this all over the place. They prefer to remain regionally known, but do not want huge recognition.

I knew lots of these guys when I was at the helm of Slingerland. There was a guy in Florida (I think his name was Dick Cully ... I check that information) and he ran a Buddy Rich tribute band. If you closed your eyes, you would have thought it was Buddy himself!

DJ

I'm new here. I tried to download those videos and I couldn't get them. My cousin has a cable modem and he let me see the videos. All I can say is that I couldn't believe what I saw on that 1st video. That guy played a tremendous roll that seemed hard to believe. This guy goes around the drums incredidibly.

Steve, Buddy did have some tricks. On one of the Dave Weckl tapes, Dave shows how Buddy did the one handed roll, not by making every stroke but by playing a fast shuffle and straighting it out so it sounds like he's making every stroke.

• 4 weeks later...
Vinnie, this guy Al Verdi, in one of the drum stick booths at Pasic, played every stroke with a finger rebound speed that I would say is impossible to do. This guy has the best finger technique of any drummer that I ever saw. He made every stroke with no tricks to it.

Archived