Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DrumFrame what a Gas!

serpico3

Hello Fellow Drummers , Well todays my Birthday , Hip hip hurray I made it another year , So for my birthday I received from my Daughter and two of the Worlds most Beautiful Grandsons a Drumframe from my Good Friend inventor Bob Gatzen , although now it,s being made and distributed by Kaman airo space thet,ve made a more inventive drumframe than it,s predecessor this model is not only more cost effective but has many new improvements as such the Bass drum is now supported from a top mount instead of the old bottom cradle before anyway there are so many its hard to list all of them however I will tell you , as reluctant as I was before , I'm now saying Why did I wait so long , Man it,s as though your fit into the most comfortable position and for playing and work out you have near zero fatique all I can impress upon all of you is to send for the video out now in it Bob explains in detail the pros and cons of this invention , Now I 'm not plugging this for him I'm just estactic that my Love ones got it for me for my birthday I also just included into my kits another great items 1st is DW Mini Timbalitos 8, 10, 12, They are really great to add to your kit for Latin rhythums plus I just ordered the Yamaha series of Alex Acunas Mini Timbalitos these are quite uniquie they are Maple 6 ply 3x10 3x12 3x13 they have Tamborine Jingles inserted in them plus there open but have inside the drum a half snare attach to an adjustment knob on the exterior of the drum so you can adjust the snares against the head they also come with these felt disks that you can place in between the jingles to muffle the sound if you so chose They offer a wide range of possibilities for multi use tith latin music , with sticks , brushes, etc... I'll let you know how they are when I receive them , until then keep the chops lose Peace.......serpico3

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah, the drum frame.

I placed that as a very important development in drum hardware.

I will be interested in your playing experience once you get it all set up.

Timbalitos? How funny (to me)...I bet they sound cool though.

I hear one actually plays from the "center of the body" and it is really cool. I have also heard that the drums stay continually "warmed up" like a gong needs to be before crashed so the drums really crank out the tone.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Originally posted by Passeist:

What sort of bucko'$ are we talking about?

The VX-1 (the version with the full rack) lists for $1399. The new EZ (use your own hardware for mounting toms & cymbals) lists for $1099. Street prices should be considerably less.

The EZ made a huge splash at NAMM last weekend!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Don

Archived