Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Products , Yamaha , DW

serpico3

Hey DJ , Fellow Drummers , recently I purchased the DW Mini Piccolo Timbales 8,10,12 Steel drums adding to my set for Latin Rythums and then I just noticed my Friend at Creative showing me Yamahas Sheet featuring Alex Acuna yamahas new Mini Wood Timbales with tamborine jingles plus a adjustable snare inside the shell laying against the head , the jingles can be played open or closed using these felts supplied to add between the jingles , I noticed the sizes were 10, 12, 14, maybe even an 8 he told me the 10 was the best because it pops like a 10 tamborine would but the 12 and 14 are sort of soupy sounding , Any news on these babies because I'm always adding to my ensamble and repoire of percussion instruments to my kit. Thanks serpico3

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Serpico:

These products were released (to my knowledge) at Winter NAMM.

I have forwarded your question to Yamaha Drum Product Manager, Dave Jewel, in hopes for some answers to your questions.

Thanks,

DJ

Dendy,

I just wanted to get back to you in regard to the Tamboritos. They are a

new item designed by Alex Acuna. They do combine a snare, tambourine and

timbalito type of drum. They come in 10x3", 12x3" and 13x3". They mount

off of our normal tom mounts and are priced at $200.00, $210.00 and $240.00

respectfully. They are 100% Maple shell and they are a definitely a very

versatile drum. We do have them in stock if your member would want to know.

I hope this helps.

Also, the Gaddabout email must be someone from my old stomping grounds. It

was nice to hear those kind words.

Take care

Dave Jewell

Drum Product Manager

Yamaha Corporation of America

Hey Dave! Good to see you're still alive and doing well. I first met you (Scottsdale Milano's?) after hearing people rave about you, and asked if you were giving lessons. You said you were too busy, but you referred me to someone (I think maybe Chris Armstrong). Many years later I met you again (maybe at Mesa Milano's?) and you referred me to Perry. Both guys were instrumental (bad pun) in getting me to the next level. Thanks! Started to study with Dom, but he's a hard guy to track down these days.

Anyway, keep making us Phoenicians proud. It was 106 at 9 p.m. last night. Thought you might want to know. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Archived