Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

weighted sticks? stick weights?

mrthirsty

One of my students asked me about where he can purchase some weighted sticks or stick weights( weights that clamp on to a regular drumstick). I've never seen them anywhere, have any of you had experience with these? Where do you get them? Did they help your technique?

THANX

This message has been edited by mrthirsty on 07-25-2001 at 12:27 AM

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weights on sticks frighten me and my hands.

We used to practice rud's with larger sticks then go with lighter ones to "burn" licks.

I'm padding it every day now and I find I get a great workout by just using my regular sticks.

We talked about this before here and Bartman brought up the point of bulky muscle vs. lean, sinewy muscle.

I recommend the kid just practice more, save the money to buy his/her gf/bf a hamburger instead.

Years ago, someone told me that weights would help me. Well, they helped my chiropractor make boat payments. I use field sticks to for practice and my usual sticks for playing--it makes for less damage to the hands and wrists.
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do... --Joe Walsh

We've talked about this topic in the last month or so. You can look for the thread ... which I haven't been able to find off-hand.

Check it out. There was a lot of discussion on this, if I remember correctly ... including lifting weights.

Maybe DJ knows where it's at ... or the title of the thread.

------------------

Bart Elliott

http://bartelliott.com

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Archived