Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Going to SUMMER NAMM 2001 -- What are you looking for?

djarrett

Hey, DRUM GODS!

I am going to Summer NAMM 2001 with MusicPlayer.com over the next three days. I am lucky in that the event is in my town of Nashville. This way, I can still check in with you guys.

While at NAMM, I will be seeing, touching, experiencing all the latest and greatest stuff.

Is there anything in particular that you want to know about?

Let me know here and I will see what I can find out about your request. Perhaps I will answer back specifically, or will include your item in the NAMM report that I will compile after the show.

Let me know.

Thanks,

DJ

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring me back a few samples from the Tama booth, would ya? A couple of pedals, maybe? Swing by Vic Firth and talk 'em outta one of their cool hats with their logo on it. It's a trade show--crap on, man!!!
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do... --Joe Walsh

Actually DJ.... I'd love to hear a report on snare drums. I'm really jonesin' for a whacked out snare as an auxiliiary to my Tama Artstar. The Porkpie small diameter ones for example, like 8", 10", I'm wondering about their tone.... or any manufacturer with something different in snares. even anything that just makes a snare sound... anything! I'm in full-on obsessed snare drum mode!!! (somebody... hose me down)
Just for the record.

dj, I hope

you let us know what drummers are there and whats going on with those two editors. Maybe you could ask them, if they are there, to post a thread with a friendly debate on this w.f.d. subject. This would be a thread that everybody would want to see. For and against.

Hey, Vinnie C:

Keep your shirt on! Some things are developing regarding this editorial battle!

Regarding drummers that I saw today ... Bernard Perdie, Tris Imbodem, Jim Chapin, Freddie Gruber, Matt Savage, Johnny Rabb, Glen Caruba, Tommy Wells, Paul Liem, Eddie Bayers and the list grows!

Thanks,

DJ

dj.... can you ask the Sonor guys what are some good online dealers who sell their Jungle Snare. I haven't been able to find a good one.

Looking forward to your Summer NAMM '01 report!

Just for the record.

I hope to answer all issues asked for here!

Give me time to get some sleep first. It is back to the show tomorrow for the final day!

Having a blast and wishing you guys were here. We could hoist a cold one (beer or ice tea! Whichever your pleasure!)

Perhaps you guys should all check out the Percussive Art Society's site ( go to www.pas.org) and come to Nashville for PASIC 2001. There are going to be tons of great drummers in clinic and a percussion only-like namm show!

DJ

Hey, Chance:

I did see these drums. They were not new to me, but they are now offering add on toms for these sets. That is encouraging for Peavey drum players.

Although I am not fond of the design, I must say that Peavey's bass drums are the bomb!

DJ

Archived