Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MusicPlayer.com's Drum Talk -- The Switzerland of Drum Forums!

djarrett

Hey, Guys:

I am glad to see so many folks discovering MusicPlayer.com

Please remember to check out the Drum Channel on MusicPlayer as well. (click the MusicPlayer.com link at the bottom of the page!)

This Drum Talk forum (the other Drum Talk) is designed to offer drummers and percussionist of all walks of life and drumming, a neutral place to come and discuss the things of drumming that excite them.

As drummers, we *ALL* share some fraternal (non-gender) bond. It matters not if you are into Orchestral drumming, Drumset drumming, Taiko drumming, Drum Corps drumming, WFD drumming, Latin drumming, etc., etc., etc. Notice the common word -- DRUMMING!!

The nice thing about MusicPlayer is that, although we do have folks that buy ad space or participate in give-aways, etc., we are a neutral site. We do *not* sell any product, we do not push any product ... only knowledge. You can post openly about your feelings regarding any product without fear that the post will be edited. (I do ask that you curtail from fowl language as much as humanly possible because we do have drummers of an impressionable age that visit here and I feel as older drummers, we should openly embrace and help them ... it is part of continuing our heritage!)

Thanks for joining MusicPlayer.com and Drum Talk and please tell your drumming buds that if they are looking for a place to come and learn and share ... this is the Switzerland of Drum Forums!

Thanks,

Dendy (DJ) (djarrett)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee, I've never been to Switzerland before. Hey, what kind of skis do I need?

And where's the chocolate?

Oh yeah, and Dendy, does this mean you're handing out watches for visiting? I'll take a Submariner, please. Stainless, the one with the blue / red bezel. Thanks.

LMAO! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always have what you've always had.

I have to say its very refreshing to find an active drum forum in which the members at not at each others throats!

I only found this place the other day through a link at evans, whatever everyone is doing right, keep doing it!

It was a bit annoying however to find that the $10,000 drumset giveaway was only for residents of the US and Canada though http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif

Sorry J.B. i ate all the chocolate http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gif You were out on your bike, and i just had to exercise those jaw muscles http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Moo!<><

This message has been edited by Moo on 07-19-2001 at 04:56 PM

It's always amazing to me how flame-free these forums are in general...of course, Dendy's a nice guy, can't imagine him flaming anyone anyway...

Hey, I'm not even a drummer, and I've learned a lot by hanging out here!!

Hey, Moo:

Although I am bound by corporate admin policies that forbid giveaways that exceed the North American Continent ... for now, ... I have found a work around.

If you know someone here in the States that is a family member or close friend, you can have them enter (on your behalf) Should they (for you) win, you just arrange shipping with them.

May cost you a couple hundred bucks ... but so what for a $10,000 drum set!

Hope this helps.

DJ

• 1 month later...

Hey, I rebirthed this topic because someone made the comment in another thread that they were addicted to MPc's Drum Talk!

Why is this? Why do you guys hang out here?

How can it be better? What else would make your morning coffee or evening beer with Drum Talk taste better?

I would really appreciate some straight forward resonses ( not to say that it should not be sprinkled with humor!)

Thanks,

DJ

I am a regular viewer of this board, but this is my first time posting - greetings.

The reason this board is different to me is active moderation, humans tend to be led by example, and active participation, enthusiasm, and a professional attitude by the moderator tend to rub off on participants.

This is not only applicable to the drum forum, I am constantly visiting the recording forums which also hold vast amounts of useful information.

Keep up the good work!

I like the fact that the members of this forum are past the redundant posts of the beginner level and focus on more subsantial topics!I also like the fact that we can debat issues without backstabbing and name calling(for the most part)!

DJ you are a good moderator!I don't even know the names of moderators on other drum forums with the exception of Michael Marner who has posted here on occasion.

Bart I should also add brings an element of professionalism to this forum!He and I got off to a rough start but we've gotten past it and have moved on to a level of comradery that I enjoy! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

ian*

ian*

Archived