Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha Stage Custom question and set for sale...

regurgitator

Hey guys, what do you think of the Yamaha Stage Custom sets? I have been looking at buying an 8 piece, going for a heavy tribal sound. Also I have a 5 piece Tama rockstar set for sale with hardware and cymbals if anyones interested..
To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks." -Jack Handy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, I am going to let Bart speak regarding Yamaha. Although he endorses the product, Bart speaks honestly and will not try to pimp the product on you.

I know Yamaha makes great product, but cannot speak regarding one series over another series.

Let's see what he says.

Thanks,

DJ

I work at a Guitar Center and I know for a fact that the NEW Yamaha Stage Customs are %100 better than their predecessors. If I were going to get one, I would get the Stage Custom Absolute series. Also have you looked at Tama'a Rockstat Custom's?

As said before the Yamaha's Maple or Beech Custom's are better, but I don't know what kind of budget that you have in mind.

Hope this helps

Drumtrav

Drumtrav

Well, I have a friend at a drum store who can get me the following all brand new:

7 Piece Yamaha Stage Custom, all hardware

18" K cust dark

14" A cust Mastersound hi-hats

22" Z cust power ride

18" Z cust china

All for $2200, thats a decent price. I doubt I can beat it.I dont want to spend any more than that for now. I still have to sell the old Tama kit for like 300 bucks so that will help pay for this one. With this budget do you think I could do better?

To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks." -Jack Handy

Hey guys, I have been pricing sets and I found a decent deal on Tama Starclassic which is what I really want anyway- for a 6 piece Starclassic Performer with hardware and Zildjian cymbals Sam Ash wants 2600. Seems decent. What do you guys think?

Archived