Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you like about MPc's Drum Talk?

djarrett

To all you Drum Talk Team! (drummers of all ages!)

Boy, I know this kind of question can open me up to all kinds of comments, both good and bad, but I am really looking for what you think is beneficial to this ( or any good drum) forum. Please include things that you might like to see on the site and forum as well as things that you have really found that the forum has helped you with.

Now, what I am *not* looking for is a pat on Drum Talk's back rather, a barometer for growth.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

DJ (Dendy)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of the topics posted for discussion that get the most response seem to be unrelated to the actual playing of drums...and the questions asked from someone who really needs to know something get skipped.It's probably because the questions are simplistic,but not everyone is on the same level of play.All of us should pay full attention to the questions because, if the person asks the question they disserve some input.

ian*

ian*

I like this forum because there are some people on here that keep me honest to myself in my approach (Dendy and Bart) or at least try to. One has to know the rules before breaking them.

I think you are all on to a good start. I'd like to see more Mp3's up maybe. Even though DJ and Bart and maybe a few other's are endorsed pro's they don't push brands too much...I like that.

As far as beginning questions go...lots of them have been discussed already. I don't really believe one can learn the deeper aspects of playing thru a message board...but one may conceptualize so individual ideas can be formed thru other people's opinions and experiences.

Ok, drum on everybody.

• 3 weeks later...
I dig it. We live in an odd little world, us drummers. It's nice to have a gathering place for the tribe. I'm open to any types of questions and discussions as they relate directly or even tangentially to drumming, performance, recording, the state of the industry, dreams, fears, shortcomings, ambitions... whatever. The participation of total beginners to full-time pros should all be accepted in my opinion (I fall more to the latter side, fwiw). But I'm never too "seasoned" to learn new things, and I'm not afraid of embarrasing myself. My ego's stronger than that. I mean, I learned the other day that drummers actually take care of their drum hardware. Imagine that!
Just for the record.

This board seems to have a higher level of discussion and also everyone seems friendly here. i have only been here a couple of days but see some old friends. Thanks for giving us a place and chance to share. bb

Hey, Pop:

Look for more multi-media coming soon! I appreciate your idea on lessons as well. I do produce all the video clips you see ... like on the Weckl review.

If any of you guys have videos clips of lessons, let me know. For those that qualify as "truly instructional and educational", we could do a lesson "well" at the lesson area of the drum channel whereby we utilize lesson material provided by you guys. I can take any format of material, DV, VHS, any audio. This is just an idea to kick around ... what do you think!?

DJ

Archived