Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mini Gig Amps

h364

Hi, i currently have a peavey Mark somethng bass amp, which is use for practice which is great, i dont currrently play bass in the band, but everyone knows how good i am and im always being asked to fill on jobs, i do alot of session playing at school, for plays, concerts ect. So really i need a new amp, i was looking at the smaller combo's, the ashdown five fifteen mini gig amps seem perfect, little 100w 15", and only £150 which is dirt cheap, now this would be great, now if there our any other suggestions towards any other brands, or whatever they would be greatly apprecieated, i have around $500, and really i would like new. Also, the ashdown five fifteen has external cab out, with a minimum load of 8 ohm's now this would be even better, to find a small little 1x15, maybe even 2x10, would be great, that means a good amount of power, for virtually no money! So any suggestions, on the new cab, like brands or wotever, but i probably get a used one. Thanks,

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, i mean being only 13, its all good, but my band has been going like 3 years, and we have made a name for ourselves, we started of in schoolplaying to maybe 10 people, but now our playing liek large county festivals for like 600, but as i said i dont plat bass in my band, so something smaller for, recording and littler shows, and concerts you have at school, like at christmas, as i play with an orchestra, and a live band, and my high school has a recording studio, so we tend to demo some tracks before, but again i dont want nothing to flash just, cheap, realiable, and fairly loud. Thanks,

I only have one gig amp. I don't think you really need a mini rig, your normal rig, an outdoor rig, etc.

I have an Eden 550 and (soon) a 210 XST. I believe it will be enough for most of my gigs. Stand alone it will handle most of the places we play. For bigger gigs, you will probably have a PA anyway so all your stage rig has to be is a stage monitor.

The only other amp I may like is something very small and light for rehearsals and maybe background/coffee shop type stuff like an SWR WM10 or something.

Here's what I understand, from what you've written:

1. You want to buy a cheap, used 1x15 or 2x10 extension cabinet to use with an Ashdown combo amp.

2. You want to use it for recordings and small venues.

Is this right?

For clarity, please respond in short sentences, beginning with capital letters and separated by periods.

Yeah, basically

I need something cheap, prefferably new. Like small kinda combo, maybe 1x15 sommin like that.

Ashdown five fifteen, 100w, with external speaker out, so if i got a used 2x10 or something, ill have as much as ill need.

Also my boss has stereo output so i can always use my little peavey practice amp as well.

I really liked my Hartke Kickback 12 for small gigs that needed the bass to be more contained. It's a 120 watts through a 12 " speaker, and it sounds right good. they also make a Kickback 15 too.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived