Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lug is happy

lug

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/t40serial.jpg

Yup, that's what it says.

:D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Matt W:

Isn't that wrong handed? Er, right handed?

Yep, the T-40 was never offered in a lefty version.

Are going to make it lefty? Something tells me you don't plan to put it in a glass case.

Drill a hole and mount a strap button, if you must... but please no stickers! :cool:

I'm not modifying it at all. If I need yto get above the 14th fret, I'll grab a differnt bass! :D There is a discoloration where set of initials stickers were on the upper horn and a few dings but it's in good shape for it's age. Bridge is a bit pitted but the rest of the hardware still looks new (just like my other T-40). Peavey really used top quality stuff on these bad boys.

So is that the first one ever made or some sort of commemorative/special run?

I had a problem with some frets on a Peavey Fury and they made me a new neck with the same serial number to fix it (great customer service!!).

Do tell.....

I was wondering the same thing. 1977 NAMM show? Hartley Peavey's personal collection? Or is there some disappointingly normal explanation?

As a former T-40 owner, I'm hoping you've got ahold of the first one ever made. That would most decidedly rock. :cool:

Push the button Frank.

There are some rumors about multiple 00000000 T-40s with decimal points to discriminate them as demos but this one is just all zeros. I don't remember any decimal point sin the one I played back in 76/77 either. The T-40 has never been reissued though I've seen some buzz about petitions to get Peavey to do so.

Originally posted by lug:

The T-40 has never been reissued though I've seen some buzz about petitions to get Peavey to do so.

If they do, they should do like the kids do for pinewood derby and bore out the wood and install some big pieces of lead. Maybe that way the T-40 can regain its title of "heaviest bass known to mankind". :D

j/k. I had one of these, too. It worked out well for me, and yes, built like a tank. :thu:

So, is this what it means to be as snug as a lug in a rug? :D

There's this picture on another forum that probably maybe sorta kinda looks just like Lug's new bass.

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/t40.jpg

That's a very nice bass, clean for it's age. I hope yours is as well kept, Lug. ;)

- Matt W.

There's this picture on another forum that probably maybe sorta kinda looks just like Lug's new bass.

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/t40.jpg

That's a very nice bass, clean for it's age. I hope yours is as well kept, Lug. ;)

That be serial number 32, my OTHER T-40. :cool:

That be serial number 32, my OTHER T-40[/b
Is s/he/it jealous?

There must be something to these instruments. I know I have played one unplugged - years ago there was one in very rough shape at a pawn shop. It may be time time to revisit the pawn circuit. You have me curious.

- Matt W.

That be serial number 32, my OTHER T-40[/b
Is s/he/it jealous?

There must be something to these instruments. I know I have played one unplugged - years ago there was one in very rough shape at a pawn shop. It may be time time to revisit the pawn circuit. You have me curious.

It's definately a love 'em or hate 'em thing. I fell in love thew first time I played one. It was the coolest sounding bass back in the day. They never gained much popularity in Rock but went over pretty big in Country which I alway found to be quite strange. They are very agressive for a passive bass. The 32 has eeen as much action as my P bass and Ric over the years so she better not get jealous! :D

Archived