Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ToneWorks AX5B & Tool like sound

helruna

Hi Music Players,

I've just got a AX5B toneworks pedal and I'm having hard times trying to get a mildly distorted flange effect. A similar sound would be a non delayed flanger effect as heard on the new Tool 10,000 days album. If someone could help me with a quick guide of how too.. I'll buy them a virtual beer :-D

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hel

- BC RICH NT BEAST BASS - ARIA PRO II SB900 - ASHDOWN AMPLIFICATION - KORG, DUNLOP, DIGITECH and BOSS EFFECTS -

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A belated "welcome to the forum", helruna!

I don't know how this question managed to slip between the cracks. I know for myself I've never used a Korg AX5B Toneworks pedal, and I don't have the new Tool 10,000 Days album.

I couldn't find a users manual on the Korg website, but I did come up with this support page . It gives some tips in rather general terms. If you need to know what button to press and what knob to turn you're going to have to read the manual that came with your pedal.

Wikipedia has info on Justin Chancellor\'s gear . The Korg page said this might be helpful.

I ahve no experiacne with that pedal, But on my Digitech BNX3 I got the tone almost exactly. I jsut found an ashdown modulator, turned up the gain to the desired "light distortion" of tool. Turned on the flange, but not very high at all. I you turn it up its more prominent. Then a little reverb and I was set. or at least kinda close.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your feedback. It deffo gives me something to explore.

My other digitech just died on me. Now I'm living in spain, the pedal market isn't soo good.

- BC RICH NT BEAST BASS - ARIA PRO II SB900 - ASHDOWN AMPLIFICATION - KORG, DUNLOP, DIGITECH and BOSS EFFECTS -

Archived