Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My pretty bass( UPDATE finished with the fretboard

thanny XIII

Well I got stickers form Getz, Still non from Erik. I put on a basic health care is not a luxury and an UB (upright bass)sticker. What is missing you ask. A lot of things I reply. But I placed the order for a new nut, new knobs and plastic binding and super glue. When my next spurt of money comes in I will buy a bass whammy and new pickups wiring and pots.

So a couple of questions. When I buy pots what freq? 250 or 500? which is better for metal? Which is better forthe esp p pickups i plan on buying?

And the matter closer at hand. Any tips for applying the superglue finish? I have the basic plans from bassplayer but for anyones who has done it I wonder if there is anything i ought to know? I'm not sure when the stuff is gonna come, as number twenty glue wasn't in stock. But I will keep you all posted.

I knew a girl that was into biamping,I sure do miss

her.-ButcherNburn

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by thanny XIII:

When my next spurt of money comes in I will buy a bass whammy and new pickups wiring and pots.

Must....avoid....inappropriate....remark!

Aaaarrrrgh!

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

You want STICKERS??? gimme yer addy.... I'll send you stickers!

You gotta post pics when its done.. I've never seen a guy super-glued to a bass before! :) I guess that will relieve shoulder strap tension.

Brocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Originally posted by Bottomgottem:

Originally posted by thanny XIII:

When my next spurt of money comes in I will buy a bass whammy and new pickups wiring and pots.

Must....avoid....inappropriate....remark!

Aaaarrrrgh!

It's true, I slowly aquire money then I get enough and BAM its gone. So is my life. I'll post pics when the damn glue comes.

her.-ButcherNburn

Yay the stuff came yesterday. I have now put in the new nut, put in the fretmarkers, and sanded stuff. I will now superglue the board and re tung oil the back of the neck, as i randomly decided to take of the nitrocelluse, and refinish the back in tung oil. Then i wll file the nut and put it all together. Go me i have only got stuck a few times so far. I will post pic's when im, done.

her.-ButcherNburn

Sounds good thanny. Keep us posted. I have an already defretted short-scale neck to do that to after I put wood strips (veneer?) in the fret slots. I read the article in BP and I was wondering how difficult it would be for a non-pro like me to do it.

Cheers

Newf :)

Thanny, what make and model neck are you working on?

If you use the tung oil from a gun store, it has a additive that will give you a harder finish than regular furniture tung oil. It seals the wood better from moisture and it is very smooth when you polish it with oooo steel wool

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

I don't know some cheap ebay bass that was my first bass. I need to add a coat and buff it. I'm not sure what kind of tung i used but it fells good to me.

It is mopstly done i will post pictures soon., It turned out well except some silly littlle mehs on the board.

her.-ButcherNburn

Archived