Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

damn

mondoray

I missed the Billy Sheehan/Tony Macalpine gig at the Camden underworld last night.I can only make myself feel better

by convincing myself that it was very humid and sticky

(which it was all day yesterday ) and that it may have been too sweaty last night.I await the (obviously) great reviews :(:(

1977fender telecaster bass . Washburn status, ch guitar 8 string , schecter elite diamond series 5 string. Steinberger xm2 custom.the list goes on..

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw an amazing show with Vic Wooten's band at Janus Landing. It wasn't too bad because it was durring the cooler season and at night. I would never want to go durring the day.

Sucks about missing the show mondoray. You can probably find video of it online already.

Originally posted by davio:

I saw an amazing show with Vic Wooten's band at Janus Landing. It wasn't too bad because it was durring the cooler season and at night. I would never want to go durring the day.

Sucks about missing the show mondoray. You can probably find video of it online already.

I have not been in a while, but yes it is really nice in the Winter at Night. I work 2 blocks away. I used to play the Club at Janus Landing, "Club Detroit"

those were the good ol days. The Stage was so tiny it was a blast.

:)

Originally posted by mondoray:

I missed the Billy Sheehan/Tony Macalpine gig at the Camden underworld last night.I can only make myself feel better

by convincing myself that it was very humid and sticky

(which it was all day yesterday ) and that it may have been too sweaty last night.I await the (obviously) great reviews :(:(

What??!?! I didn't even know about that! Can we have more top bass-player London gig-spam please?

Damn.

The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

Originally posted by mondoray:

What??!?! I didn't even know about that! Can we have more top bass-player London gig-spam please?

Damn.

there's some chick called MESHELL

due in town

Wednesday 1st November

Jazz Cafe @ Camden, London

doors 7pm

peace, :wave:

"Can we have more top bass-player London gig-spam please?"

Sorry guys, missed that. Where did you hear about it Mondoray.

I saw Meshell in Clapham (I think) many years back. I can't remember the last time I paid to go to a gig however. They cost so much and there are so many free ones. I did pay a tenner ($20)to see Marcus in the pub the other month but his gig at the Jazz Cafe cost £30 (about $60).

Still, Meshell/Suhaila would be worth it.

Hi Phil , saw it advertised in the back section of 'classic rock'

magazine.I don't understand how it seems that this gig seems to be equally missed by everyone here at the forum

1977fender telecaster bass . Washburn status, ch guitar 8 string , schecter elite diamond series 5 string. Steinberger xm2 custom.the list goes on..

funny thing tho' , a few years back (about'98)

Tony Macalpine rescheduled a gig that was originally cancelled and it was at the highbury garage on a thursday night

(we were very drunk) raining heavily .only about 40 of us turned up and most of those came from Greece!

Awesome gig , leaning on stage , he had a great bass player with him (Ricky Walking?) Mchatted with Tony for ages afterwards

great guy /people etc.

Met MR. S at a bass seminar years ago so maybe I won't feel too bad now

Originally posted by jeremy c:

natty fred, welcome back!

I've been wondering where you've been!

Hi Jeremy, have been lurking occassionally but been a bit busy, tho enjoying reading the samba thread.....

Originally posted by Phil W:

They cost so much and there are so many free ones. I did pay a tenner ($20)to see Marcus in the pub the other month but his gig at the Jazz Cafe cost £30 (about $60).

Still, Meshell/Suhaila would be worth it. [/QB]

yep, hear you on this, I don't go to many gigs that aren't free either, but for some players it's worth the effort :D

it's all good! peace,

lisa

Archived