Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UK Bass Guitar Magazine - Sep/Oct

Phil W

OK, imagine my delight at arriving home from 6 weeks in LA to find two unread issues of Bass Player Magazine sitting with the pile of unread mail and bills. A couple of great issues (August, September too) featuring some personal favoutites: Richard Bona especially! and an article by my friend and teacher - Hussain Jiffry.

There is a magazine in the UK called Bass Guitar Magazine which I occasionally buy but find much less of relevance than BP but this month I picked up a copy (Sep/Oct) because Kai Eckhardt's name was on the cover and it's great.

It features:

An interview with stand-up comic/bassist Guy Pratt,

Shortish interviews with Chuck Rainey, Herbie Flowers and Leland Sklar :love: , the aforementioned interview with Eckhardt :love: . Hey, I know our own Steve Lawson and Stuart Clayton write lessons and other material for the magazine but I'm unconnected, honest ;) , and usually a little disappointed with the contents. Not this time. Check it out, UK people!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen that magazine in NYC, though not regularly (I think Borders Books might carry it).

Thanks for the reminder - maybe I'll get over there today.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived