Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

3/4 size bass

Buff

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Buff:

Hey, I'm 15 and i play in a punk band. I've got an ibanez sr500 but its gettin pretty beaten up at gigs...

I'm sorry but that is the least punk comment I have ever read. So your bass is getting beat up playing punk - so what?!

If the marks really start to bother you, you could always put stickers over them...

Alex

P.S. In situations like this, consider what Mike Watt would do!

Take Of The Scratch Plate, Gaffa The Pickups And Bottom Of The Neck Get Some Cheap Spray Paint Pay A Blind Man Or Younger Chiild And Let Them At It, It Would Look So Cool, And It Would Be The Only One Of Its Kind In The World!

Originally posted by h364:

Take Of The Scratch Plate, Gaffa The Pickups And Bottom Of The Neck Get Some Cheap Spray Paint Pay A Blind Man Or Younger Chiild And Let Them At It, It Would Look So Cool, And It Would Be The Only One Of Its Kind In The World!

You do realise you don't have to capitalise the first letter of every word, don't you? Or is this less offensive shouting?

Alex

Originally posted by h364:

What A Capital Idea!

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Well, I'm going to go against the tide here and say that a lot of guitarists have guitars they take to gigs and guitars that are too precious to be taken to gigs. No reason why bassists should be any different.

If worrying about the bass is getting in the way of the show, then do up your old bass by all means. You have to be relaxed and focused in order to play well. If you're worrying about your gear, that can't be good.

But like everybody else said: dings happen.

One thing to bear in mind though... depending on what you mean by "doing up" the other bass, it can get expensive. Ever considered buying something cheap and second hand?

Archived