Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BassPlayerLive 2006 in NYC Oct 28-29 anyone?

Gruuve

Laney, thanks for the info.

Some observations/questions:

A: I see no provisions to pre-buy food this year. Last year, the food tickets I bought at the time I bought my admission were like gold in the overpriced food hell that is midtown.

You guys (and the hotel) put on quite a spread, and I got to eat with forum peeps. Why not this year?

2: How does the "exhibits only" admission work?

You can walk around the hall, but not see clinics, workshops, demos, etc.?

C: Why must you schedule interesting things against each other? Wouldn't a third day, or another hour or two during each day, make it easier to see more, and maximize the value (and interest) in attending? It seems to short change both the attendees and the artists. Last year, I saw several clinicians talking to a room of 2 or 3 people while other rooms were SRO at the same time. Maybe you should just get fewer clinicians next time.

To wit:

"SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28th

11AM:

Room 1 - Bakithi Kumalo (African Bass)

Room 2 - Adam Nitti (Post-Fuze Postulations)

Room 3 - Billy Sheehan (Radical Rock)

Room 4 - TBA

2PM

Room 1 - Stanley Clarke (Interview w/C. Jisi)

Room 2 - Ruben Rodriguez (Latin Bass)

Room 3 - Steve Bailey (Fretless Bass)

Room 4 - TBA

4PM

Room 1 - Victor Wooten ("The Music Lesson")

Room 2 - Stu Hamm (Hamm-antics)

Room 3 - Gerald Veasley (TBD)

Room 4 - TBA

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29th

11:30AM

Morning session with Marcus Miller

1PM

Room 1 - Andrew Gouche (Gospel Bass)

Room 2 - John Miller (Broadway Bass)

Room 3 - Hugh McDonald (Interview w/a BP Editor)

Room 4 - Victor Bailey (Advanced Improv and 4-string Techniques)

3PM

Room 1 - Will Lee

Room 2 - Chris Minh Doky (Doubling)

Room 3 - Jeff Berlin (Debate with Steve Bailey)

Room 4 - Bryan Beller (TBD)"

And, of course, this is all while the exhibit booths and their guests are rolling.

At the very least, EVERY AND ALL clinics should be taped and presented on BP.tv.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Wraub,

Here's some answers to your ?s...

1) we're working with a different hotel this year, and didn't have all the same options as last year. I'll let you in on a little secret...the BEST bbq in NYC is across the street from the hotel, Virgil's. Go there. Dig In. It's delicious...

2)Exhibits only means just that. You can spend two whole days oogling over gear, meeting the makers, and trying out new things. It does not include admission into the clinics.

3)We know that there is a lot to see, and it's hard when there is so much good stuff, but it's just the way we have to do it. It would be more difficult, and way more expensive to schedule another day...for the attendees, the artists, and for us. And, if we had the show run longer, we wouldn't be able to delve into our concert..featuring Stanley Clarke, Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller, and Bx3!

4) Not to worry, ALL of the clinics, performances, and interviews will be videotaped and put directly on BP TV.

Other questions? Shoot 'em my way.

Thanks for the feedback...

Laney

Archived