Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

singing

chubby

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't.

Accept the challenge!! If you can learn it that way, your good to go! Better yet, play things that you know that she can sing with. Life is short.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I agree with Ross; if she is indeed a sweet woman, indulge her. Sweet women are hard to come by, and letting her sing to you costs you nothing but time. If it gets too annoying, just remember that there could come a time, for a lot of reasons, when you'll wish you could hear her singing to you again...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Ask for sex.

She'll either agree (5 percent chance) or run from the room (95 percent chance).

If it's the second, problem solved. If it's the first, who cares about the song?

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Originally posted by jcadmus:

Ask for sex.

She'll either agree (5 percent chance) or run from the room (95 percent chance).

If it's the second, problem solved. If it's the first, who cares about the song?

I was gonna suggest 'Give her $50 and say "Why don't you go buy something nice for yourself" but jcadmus, thou truly art the masta :eek:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

here is the childish but fun solution (probably a really bad idea to actually do this): the next time she's trying to figure how to do something (perhaps programming a vcr clock) come in the room and start singing suggestions to her, that would be irritating as hell, she'll get the message.

but all childish and stupid solutions aside i have to say that jcadmus's idea is not only funny it's pure genius. it's win-win no matter how it works out.

hmmm...

I 3rd Ross and picker, It might be annoying at first . However you can chane how you feel about the situation. Thats something I think a lot of people ignore in life, you can always change how you feel about a situation. My soon to be owner, i mean wife, understands that I am a cranky bastard if I am interrupted because I throw a huge fit like a baby :) Sometimes she wants to sing and that is ok and we have talked about it, she just cant try and make conversation because that breaks my concentration and we classify that as being needy NOT ALLOWED IN THIS HOUSE. But we are really honest about things that might make other people cry. for instance I was listening to the myspace link of a band I recorded with, her first words were "this sucks, this sucks bad." She meant it, and without malice. She just wanted to let me know the singer sounded like crap and the music was not that great. BTW, people at this forum couldnt give me that honesty, and with good cause. Some people are so fragile that they will break, or break themselves, if their feelings get hurt.

So to sum it up, how can anyone here give you advice, if she is a somewhat insecure person it might really hurt her.

If she sings well, and knows it than its less likely to hurt her feelings.

DO NOT try and practice when she is not home and so passive things to get her to stay away when you play. Tell her one way or another but if you try and give her the slip she will know (women yeasssh) and it will probably hurt her worse. I suggest you just tell her that sometimes you want to learn on your own for whatever reason you really have. Or that she is distracting because you want to look at her, and touch her maybe she will take this really well and let you into the 5% margin :bor:

What do you mean people at this forum couldn't give you that kind of honesty? See if you can search out Jesse Michael Garcia's thread if you want to hear some of us being honest. :D

www.ethertonswitch.com

When she's singing play with her, Ask her what kind of rythem she would like, you got a song and a girl....

That what I did with my last girl friend (in my mind)....so long ago.... I'm gonna go cry in a corner now :cry:

response to someone saying the bass was a spinoff of the g***r

SavedByJaco:the bass is not a spin off of anything, it's a hybrid. Like on Underworld, the guy becomes a mix between the Vampire (G***r) and Werewolf (Upright Bass) and totally kicks ass!

Originally posted by jcadmus:

Ask for sex.

I will endeavor to use this whenever I have contact of any sort with my girlfriend.

Oh wait, I already do.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

You've answered yourself with your question: Tell her that you don't need her to sing for you when you're sitting and learning a new song.

If she goes to pieces over something like that, then as Jeremy said, you have relationship issues that probably are more appropriate to be discussed on another forum.

Originally posted by CMDN:

Two words: taint punch.

Erik, I nominate you for the next US Delegate to the UN. Or as Dr. Phil's spiritual advisor. Whichever.

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Originally posted by chubby:

How do you tell that sweet woman or wife that you dont need her to sing for you when your sitting and learning a new song

She's singing to you but you're not hearing the music. Put down the bass and figure it out; you can catch up on your learning later.

:wave:

Hey FRED my wife does have a great voice its just that she wants to sing stuff I would never play in public you know soft love songs stuff like Barry Manilow. I am more into letting the led out our maybe a little floyd.
ricky payne

Right now the gun thing is not a good idea in my part of the woods. We just had a nut cut loose with one in a church this past sunday. Well at least none of the people suffer it was a ak-47 shot them right between the eyes.
ricky payne

Archived