Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig Spam - loads of UK gigs coming up!

Steve Lawson

Hello LDLDs

Got a whole slew of UK gigs coming up, starting on Monday in Portsmouth - also playing Colchester, Petersfield and Cambridgeshire next week, on a double bill with Muriel Anderson.

My new solo album will be out mid-June, and at the end of June, I've got a tour with fretless guitarist Ned Evett - it's the 'Fret Phobia 2006' tour, and we're gigging around England for a couple of weeks.

Also just got booked in for the Edinburgh Festival, in a duo with a fantastic jazz singer...

full list of dates are available either on my myspace page - www.myspace.com/solobassstevelawson or on my website - www.stevelawson.net

should have some premastered MP3s from the new album up on the MySpace page within the next couple of days too. :)

take care

Steve

www.stevelawson.net

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve, looks like things are going well for you, glad to hear that. I was wondering if you saw the piece on Lady Bo in the April issue of Guitar Magazine in the UK? It was a nice article but as you know writers don't get all the facts correct. They used her maiden name as my last name and called me Wally Jones. They also said she was from Chicago when in fact she's from New York. I think that Chess records and them being in Chicago was most likely the confusion.

Good to hear from you on the Lowdown!

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Hi Wally,

Really glad to hear Lady Bo is getting some coverage, it's the least she deserves - I didn't see the article, but I'll find someone with a back issue and check it out - please send her my love.

Phil, Darbucka is just about the coolest venue in London, I absolutely love it, hence me doing to the monthly Recycle collective gig there! :)

See you there soon,

Steve

www.stevelawson.net

Archived