Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BILLY SHEEHAN To Tour With STU HAMM, JEFF BERLIN

jmrunning3

From YouTube, a very enlightening and, in my opinion, humble interview from Billy Sheehan on the subject of knowing theory.

And it casts a little light on ZZ Thorn's report that Billy was there to see Jeff Berlin as well. :)

EDIT: Here's another part of the interview (the 1st part is mostly about the nuts and bolts of his bass) where he talks about how he does a lot of "boring, horrible-sounding, ugly" exercises to fix "the stuff I suck at." I think that kind of dedication shows why he can share the stage with many of the greats.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ClarkW:

From YouTube, a very enlightening and, in my opinion, humble interview from Billy Sheehan on the subject of knowing the theory.

That vidio really makes me feel better, I almost know as much about music theory as Billy Sheehan. I feel better now. Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by ZZ Thorn:

He seems like a very down-to-earth, decent guy.

On my copy of his latest CD he wrote "I'm still learning, too!" (he's everything you said, ZZ) I'll be buying another CD at the next tour in Sept-Oct (fingers crossed). (Better not miss that one, me buckaroos, because seeing three monster bassists for the price of one is the deal of the year, if not the decade.)

BTW, I'll be 53 in July. Didn't think he was older than me, but he does take care of himself better than I have!

:thu:

Archived