Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got a chance to hear my rig from the audience

57pbass

I played a show last night out on Long Island with The Usual Suspects...

I used my Eden WT 550 with a Bergantino HT115 and my Lakland Glaub P Bass...

There was a special guest in " The House" and we invited him up to do a few songs which allowed me to hear my amp and bass from a different perspective...

Heres a pic....

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/91/91/56207249-55c9-0200017F-.jpg

Thats right..it was our fearless moderator

" Shecky Madball Capasso"

he is the handsome guy in the left corner.

For those who have not had the pleasure of meeting Madball... first class all the way...

(I have made a mental note of his bass lines and will rip them off for my next performance :D )

Here is another shot of Madball at work

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/92/91/56207250-4382-017F0200-.jpg

Another shot from last night...

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/C9/9B/56207561-2068-0200017F-.jpg

We had a great time and its always good to hang with a fellow LD'er....

Oh ...I must say..the amp and bass sounded great... I love the HT115 Berg with a P Bass...

www.danielprine.com

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You remembered to wipe the scheck off your bass before you put in away in its case, right? :D

One of these days I'll make it to one of your gigs, 57p. Just ask Ace -- he knows how reliable I am about making it to forumite gigs... :rolleyes: (Really, Ace, Modern Electric is top of the queue for forumite bands I need to go see.)

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

You remembered to wipe the scheck off your bass before you put in away in its case, right? :D

Peace.

--SW

Never.....

but I did wipe off some of the drool .... :D

www.danielprine.com

Originally posted by Danzilla:

Sounds like a fun show; except for the keyboard player. I'll bet he had to duck a lot to avoid a dart to the eye.

He did wind up in the ER.... he caught one right between the eyes....

www.danielprine.com

Thanks Dan :thu:

The Usual Suspects plays classic rock that's light and fun, so the crowd has a good time (there were a few couples on the floor at all times). The musicianship is strong in the band, and Dan has exactly the right feel for this show (no risk of me stealing the gig with my heavy handed ways).

Along with Dan's fine equipment and playing, the singer belted out a top-flight version of The Beatles' "Oh Darling". whoa.

This isn't the first time I've sat in with these guys - Dan (and the band) has been very generous in putting me on stage.

There were two nice women that are in some way "with the band" (much of the crowd were friends). I don't know them, but at one point they called me over to chat because Dan had set me up. I'm not used to answering to "Shecky", so my face was a bit red and we all had a good laugh. It was a fun evening!

Dan - the line/style was from The Commitments for Mustang Sally, and I completely mucked around for Chain Of Fools.

Thanks!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

When did they get rid of the chicken wire in front of the stage at Bob's Country Bunker? :confused:

:D

We actually opened up the show for

"The Good Ole Boys"

OK guys ..we agreed to pay you $400.00 and you drank $500.00 dollars worht of beers...

www.danielprine.com

I see by the lights y'all have to do the obligatory "White Rabbit." :D

And I'm forever thankful when they put the bass right in front of the Emergency Exit. Women, children and the Lakland first, thank you.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

Archived