Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

a fallen brother.

bassaddik

hello everyone. It is with great sadness that I humbly request everyone's prayers for the family of a fallen bass brother.

His name was Raymond W. Herrera and he was a young, sweet and vibrant young man that played in the worship band at a church I attend. I met him briefly and he touched my heart with his passion for God and his love for bass. He was killed in a car accident and was put to rest today. He was 23,

Raymond put a smile on my face when i met him. Now he rejoices in God's glory. But his family needs prayer for strength in this very sad time for them. I know firsthand the bass community is a very compassionate one and I thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers. God bless you all,

Adrian

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God must really love Raymond to call him home at such a young age. I'm sure there is a plan behind it all. My thoughts go out to his family and prayers have already been sent.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

What a bitter pill.

Adrian, please buy a copy of the CS Lewis book, "A Grief Observed" and give it to the family.

From John Donne:

"All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

How terribly sad. My thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

It makes one pause and appreciate how precious and fleeting life can be -- no one gets up in the morning and says "I think I'll get in a fatal car wreck today."

In the words of the departed Warren Zevon, enjoy every sandwich.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Prayer sent. :(

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Thank you guys. I know he is with the Lord .

In tribute to Ray and in praise of God, I have offered to fill in on bass. Playing for the Lord is the most rewarding experience and it's the least I can do to give thanks for the love and the blessings I have received from Him. As long as He maintains me here, i will worship with all my heart.

I am so glad Raymond knew Jesus, many are not prepared at such a young age. If someone would have bet me a million that I would outlive such a strong, young and vibrant man, i would have laughed. Like jlrush said, God must have really loved him to call him home at such a young age.

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Archived