Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rickies Get 'Spect!

g.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is SO SWEET! It even preserves the original look (which has been a major reason that Rick instruments change so little...RIC is very committed to its traditional aesthetic). It looks like it should drop right in, no muss no fuss. It means sacrificing the bridge mute, of course, but my guess is that those are pretty infrequently used anyway, & a lot of players will find the possibility of a TRULY adjustable bridge to be a major attraction. I want one! :thu:

PS Dig the new sig! It's all "luv," mang! ;)

mode> :D

I love Rickies! My "greenboy" bass player when I was doing electic sax and sampling had a cherry Rick, and we were exploring, with the help of Dean Markley who wanted to get into Five-string sets, low tuning from bottom to top of A-D-G-C. The Rickie still sounded like itself only lower, and supported low A or B with clarity and punch. Other basses we tried from his collection just didn't sound so focused.

This bridge looks like it would turn the final trick!

Nicklab: I only wish this bridge had the string dampers.
Kudos for the mention of dampers instead of dampeners! I'd figure a lot of speaker cabinets, amplifiers and pianos have fungus growing in them if I only read the internet (which is now only $4.95 in select neighborhoods).

I remember someone posting about the prototype. They said it was going to be like $140 when it can out. :eek:

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Originally posted by lug:

I remember someone posting about the prototype. They said it was going to be like $140 when it can out. :eek:

Click me

Actually, $145 in chrome; $150-$160 in colors. :eek:

I don't mind fixing what ain't broke, necessarily, but for $145?

Originally posted by greenboy:

Nicklab: I only wish this bridge had the string dampers.
Kudos for the mention of dampers instead of dampeners!
Hey, that's what Rickenbacker calls them on their website. :wave:

I've actually been looking at getting a new 4003. Like a fool, I let my Rickenbacker tuxedo bass go a few years ago. Now that my playing style has changed I REALLY miss that bass. I have to get rid of something before I can get a Rick though.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Originally posted by Nicklab:

Like a fool, I let my Rickenbacker tuxedo bass go a few years ago.

Here's a pic of mine in the hope of making you jealous.

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/ricken.jpg

:D

Well, that backfired. The White Ric with black binding and parts is the coolest looking ric ever produced! Some may disagree, but that would just mean they are wrong. :D

Originally posted by lug:

Well, that backfired. The White Ric with black binding and parts is the coolest looking ric ever produced! Some may disagree, but that would just mean they are wrong. :D

I know the person who owns it now. The bass got caught up in Hurricane Katrina and I've yet to hear about whether or not it survived.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

What first attracted me to my bandmate's Rick (besides the number of great identifiable sounds available), was that nice sensual neckthrough heel area (which influenced me on the Carvin neckthrough), and the bass bout curve, which seemed to strike a nice bit of visual flair and at the same time the way it fit a player's torso...

Archived