Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Big Congrats to BenLoy and Mrs. Grundy

davio

In the "Introducing..." sidebar section of the December issue of Guitar World Magazine, Mrs. Grundy and their latest album "#3...With a Mullet" get some widespread, well-deserved press coverage. Even if it's not the cover story they should have gotten, it's nice to see a band I recognize in a major periodical.

Congrats Ben and Mrs. Grundy!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 57pbass:

Could not have happened to a nicer guy.....

Well, they could have done a sidebar on Mahatma Gandhi, but I'm sure Ben would run a close second. Congrats!

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

if i remember correctly dimebag is on the cover of that issue, the cover sotry is vinnie paul's first interview after his brother's death, i was flipping through it in the store the other day and noticed the grundy thing an i was like "hey...mrs grundy... I'VE HEARD THEM BEFORE!" :P

congrats ben even though you didnt know about it :D

peace

Just flipped through the "Holiday" issue of Guitar World and I couldn't find it.

At first I was shocked becuause I could've sworn davio said the writeup was in Guitar Player.

Guitar World however, isn't such a surprise. Our guitarist, Matt, works as the assistant music editor for them...still that's pretty cool.

I'll have to track down the sidebar. The issue with Dimebag on the cover, huh? Hmmm...I'll be on the lookout for it. Or I'll just bug Matt for a copy...

Is it currently on newstands?

It's the December issue (not the "Holliday" issue). I'm not sure if it's on newstands but apparently somebody tried to sign me up for a subscription and I got both issues and a bill for $20.

It is the one with Dimebag on the cover and it's on page 38.

I owe Ben an apology...

We did indeed get a little love in the Dimebag issue (December) and I actually forgot to mention it to the guys. Paul found out by accident and I don't think Evan even knows about it yet.

I'm a bad bandleader.

Ben, I'll be happy to send you a copy or three. Thanks everyone for your congrats!

I didn't see it (it's in a guitar mag), but any positive press is well deserved.

Matt - Your gigging schedule rivals mine for it's ...er... fluid spacing. That makes it harder to keep up communications. And you are a bad bandleader ;)

Keep up the good work!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived