Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where do you get them?

Dave Gallagher

In the old days you could buy a fuse for any amp in a hardware store. I took a look at the fuse in my Behringer 450W head and thought I should have a few spares. I went to two music stores and found that neither they nor a hardware store sold this type of fuse. The music stores told me they could order some for me, but what if I needed one now?

The old days (60's and 70's) were much better in this respect.

Where do you get them now?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I shudder to suggest it... Radio Shack is a pretty good place to get fuses. They are a worthless store when it comes to finding any kind of help; but if you know exactly what you want you should be able to find it there.

Second the suggestion of an auto parts store.

Music stores never had this stuff.

Radio shack used to...it wouldn't hurt to check, although last time I went there to get some connectors for my cable tv cable they sold me the wrong ones...and laughed at me when I said that I didn't think they would fit.

If I pay cash I always refuse to give my address.

Then they say - "You won't get our Xmas Catalogue" and look hurt. And I say "So?" and leave.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by jeremy c:

Radio shack used to...it wouldn't hurt to check, although last time I went there to get some connectors for my cable tv cable they sold me the wrong ones...and laughed at me when I said that I didn't think they would fit.

Yes with radio shack you better know EXACTLY what you want and be able to find it. The last time I went to the 2 closest to me, they didn't have 1 English speaking person working, I'm used to it in my neck of the woods and actually the fewer sales people I talk to the better. And yes, both times they had the fuse I needed but they weren't in the

little fuse drawer marked "Fuses".

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Archived