Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Paisley Precision Bass

sebbie_c

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Martin:

Yep. On the other hand, I'd probably pay around $750 or $1K if someone had one of the early 70's paisley Tele basses in decent shape. But that's just me; I like the way they feel...

and I love the way they look.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Dave, last year I almost went to Warmoth and built as close a copy to the original Tele (well, Precision...) bass as I could. the natural finsih with black pickguard. I still remember seeing it in the hands of one of the R&B bands in a photo (Probably in Hit Parader) back in the '60s, and I've never forgotten it.

Why didn't I?

Well, in spite of my smallish bass collection, I'm not a bass player, and the only real excuse would be for the studio, and I've left the studio. Let my brother, the bass player, who has the studio, build one. (But he's got one of the re-issues...)

But instrument lust never leaves us, it just goes into remission sometimes....

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

those are pretty sweet basses (the pink paisley and blue flower re-issues). i think $500 is a little high, though. as recently as last year, i saw them going for $450 new. unless there is strong demand, i probably wouldn't pay more than $350 for a used one, and i'd have to be very motivated to pay that. i think $300 is a better price.

robb.

Archived