Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

wraub

Hello all. As some of you may know, I own an Avatar SB 112, and have been quite pleased with it.

The only flaw in it has been an annoying crackling/distortion that came from the tweeter sometimes. I just turned it down.

I have been talking back-and-forth with the guys at Avatar for a while, and they have been great.

Offers of a replacement tweeter, long phone calls, etc. Much follow-through from them.

In doing my own research, I find out that the tweeter is probably fine, but the crossover is probably not. Seems that in meeting the amazing price points that Avatar does, some corners had to be cut, and the crossover was one of those corners.

So, anyway, I contact Dave and Eric, they send me a new crossover, I install it, and problem solved.

What a difference. It definitely makes the cabinet sound much better, with more range (duh), clarity, presence, etc. It rivals many much more expensive cabs that I have heard.

I understand that the new crossover comes in all Avatar cabs, and the replacement crossovers can be gotten from them with minimal effort.

I would strongly urge all owners of Avatar cabs to consider this change. It's fast, easy, and makes a big difference.

Great service and attention to the customer's needs + great prices + domestic production + great sound = My next cab will be another Avatar. :D

Just had to share.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived