Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brotherhood of Groove @ the Knitting Factory on June 15th (I'm sittin' in)

BenLoy

Hey everyone,

For those of you who dont know, The Brotherhood of Groove is a 6-piece groovin funk band from New Orleans. Many of you know I went down and auditioned for them a couple months ago, and while I ended up not being able to take the tour they offered me (due to a scheduling conflict), theyve asked me to sit in with them on a few tunes when they come through New York.

Id be telling you all about this even if I wasnt going to be sitting in though. These guys are the real deal and their gigs are always giant parties.

Theyre coming to The Knitting Factorys Tap Bar on Wednesday, June 15th at 10pm and will be playing to the early hours of the morning. Hope to see some of you lowdowners there! :wave:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben, the bass player that just left BOG is Stew McKinsey. Stew was from New Orleans and just moved to the left coast. I know he really enjoyed his time spent with BOG. Stew is a major organizing figure in the extended range bass community and also a really good person.

Hope you have a great time sitting in!

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Originally posted by Wally Malone:

Ben, the bass player that just left BOG is Stew McKinsey. Stew was from New Orleans and just moved to the left coast. I know he really enjoyed his time spent with BOG. Stew is a major organizing figure in the extended range bass community and also a really good person.

Hope you have a great time sitting in!

Wally

Yeah, I met Stew while I was down in New Orleans auditioning for them. He was a really nice guy and we've corresponded a bit since then on TalkBass and through Friendster (yes, you read that right). I got to watch him play close up and he was indeed a monster! :thu:

http://www.neworleansbands.net/jam_room/bands/146/event_426_image.jpg

Break all you can. Leave a swath of destruction.

Start a fire if you can. :)

Seriously, Ben, TEAR IT UP!

Not sure as yet if I can attend, but at this point, I think not. But things do change...

Peace,

wraub

p.s. Ben, that pic is cool and all, but I thought you said the guy played Bass? :D

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by BenLoy:

It's tonight!

I'm shakin' a little bit but excited as well. Tell me to break something, please. :D

You're going to tear that stage up and bring a healthy dose of The Funk. I have no doubts about that. Confidence my brotha, everything else will follow.

Detail details Details!!!! Please!!! I understand that you are busy, but this is so cool that you played with a funky Nu Awlins band!

I am so jealous that you are so far away and I didn't get to come and hear you! :)

But I did at least go to CDBaby and buy a Mrs. Grundy CD (Mullet edition) and can't wait to hear it!

... Connie

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Archived