Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i'm new 'round here

TylerlovesAva

Welcome to the LD. Many helpful peeps abound around here, it's a groovy place.

You sound like you'll fit right in...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey TLA, I recently bought a Palmer fretless. Granted, it's a cheap guitar, but it works for me for the moment :)

Like I posted on the other thread, I've been talking with D\'Alegria a lot, and I have been lusting after one of their Darts for a while now. Especially since I wanted to get myself something extra special for (finally :D ) graduating this year.

That said, I always wanted a Warwick :D And your Fender just looks soooooooo sweet :D I know, I know, I shouldn't just judge on sight, but still :) It's Fender, man :D

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

thanks wraub, and congrats on the GAS relief. great setup, man.

good choice on the Palmer EPB. i'm looking into d'alegria now as well. they have very interesting wood options, some i've never even heard of, and i love how the dart's body is designed. i've owned a warwick, and these instruments definitely have their own character. as for fenders, i thought fender haters were the crowd favorite around here? one thread even has it's own fanbase now, i think. :D

Insert clever, non-religious, unobtrusive sig here

Yes, I'm quite pleased with that Palmer bass. I'll have to work the neck a bit, there's roundwounds on it and they're already carving up the board :(

D'Alegria uses Brazilian woods, which is partly why I'm so interested in their products. That, along with the design of the Dart and the sounds I've heard so far :)

And for the record, I'm pro-Fender :thu:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Glad you could make it into the Lowdown. Usually lots happening during the week, but weekends are more sedate. Probably 'cause everyone's gigging...or doing laundry.

i spent ten minutes trying to figure out why we would be busy giggling :freak:

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Howdy TylerlovesAva! Welcome to the Lowdown!

I've really enjoyed reading your posts so far and look forward to learning more about the Hong Kong music scene.

Cheers!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

thanks basshappi, and same here with the posts. great li'l community we have going here.

we play in three of the biggest 'band-oriented' bars here in Hong Kong. the people who come to watch us play are predominantly out-of-towners, mostly Europeans and Aussies. these people love their rock and roll, so we deliver. :D

we play different genres of music. for the asian crowd (consisting mostly of Chinese-Hong Kong nationals and Filipinos) like dance music and new RnB-soul, and we have that on our repertoire as well. it gets crazy everyday; we're usually packed. we also have a bar in Singapore, and each band takes turns playing there.

there are 6 bands playing for the company, all from the Philippines or of Filipino descent. a lot of talented and amazing musicians live in Hong Kong. it really never sleeps. on average, we end at 5:00 am.

it's hard work but i'm not complaining, and not working only for the money, which isn't that much, but considering we don't have tax and don't pay rent, it's all good. it's not selling out if you're having fun. :D

Insert clever, non-religious, unobtrusive sig here

Archived