Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Open letter to Mr. Sadowsky: Redux

_Sweet Willie_

Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

You may remember from last year that I wrote you publicly on this forum about my birthday. If you didn't get a chance to see the discussion or if it is not forefront in your memory, I bear no hard feelings. Instead I offer you this link:

Since that time I have actually had the opportunity to play one of your instruments. It was a lovely P5, w/ reverse P and a J pickup. In my hands it made beautiful music. I was very impressed, and extremely pleased that my experience playing that bass was all that one might imagine it would be based on the fine reputation of your instruments.

I am a devoted member of the bass playing community. I strive not only to make myself a better player and more well-rounded musician, but also to make those around me not only better musicians but also better people. I believe that many of my comrades-in-bass on this forum would support my somewhat brash claims.

In ten days it will be my birthday...again. It comes around once a year, just like everyone else's. This year I am trying to give you warning even further in advance that an ash Metro 4- or 5-string bass, black w/ black 'guard, and maple 'board, would make an excellent gift. Honestly, though, I could be flexible about the color. It would be well-received, well cared for, and played often. In fact, it would be hard pressed to have a better home than my own.

I know you are a busy man. I know you have many clients and many orders to fill. I can appreciate the demands on your time, and that a request such as this, out of the blue, only adds further burden to your life. Nonetheless, I feel that I would be remiss if I did not at least make you aware of the situation -- such a fine opportunity for you to make a hefty deposit in the karma bank, helping the positive side of the ledger.

As always I wish you the best.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Warm regards,

Sweet Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-9 said:

A more deserving individual does not exist.

No doubt.

Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign?

Or stage a sit-in at his shop?

:idea: Maybe Carey can "rebound" by making me a bass and giving it to me for my birthday.

:eek: Of course, then someone will have to send sympathies to Mike Kinal. This is so very complicated....

:D;):P:D

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

and all I wanted for my last birthday was a new Ampeg 4x10 HLF.... :cry:

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Gents, I think you should be submitting this to the one of the senior members of the League of Extraordinary Bass Players: Charles Mingus, Slam Stewart or Willie Dixon. By now, maybe John Entwhistle's joined the league as well. (I wouldn't dare call them bass fairies, even though they are, would you?)

Wouldn't hurt to put out a practice rig and a pint of premium brew by the fireplace as well. This way if you hear a few notes in the middle of the night and the glass is empty the next morning, you'll know your wish will come true.

:wave:

He sent me a pic of the new prototype he plans on sending to you once the testing phase is finished

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/washtub1.jpg

You lucky bastage.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Lug- :D

Will- A finer and more deserving receipient of Roger's largesse could not be found, truly.

We just have to get him to recognize that.

Perhaps a store sit-in is required...

I have a sleeping bag. :D

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Thank you, all, but it really isn't about me. This is about helping Mr. Sadowsky rise to an even higher level. I am but a catalyst to facilitate the continuation of his wondrous life journey, and, well, the evolution of his avvocation. In other words, I am merely the offerer of opportunity, extending the luv.

And, Tom, I am confident that Carey understands that I will be unable to avoid once again drinking from the well. I believe the sage Peter J. Romano once wrote, "So many basses, so little time."

Sincerely,

Sweet Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

How's this? MusicPlayer.com offers a premium membership package (say $29.95 for one year, allows access to the LowDown archive server and other members-only-type privileges) that includes an entry to win a custom-built Sadowsky LSE-SWB (Limited Signature Edition-Sweet Willie Bass) in the winner's choice of 4/5 string and woods. The auction could run for say 6 months, all extra proceeds (after bass purchase and expenses) to be used to set up the premium LowDown network, and the instrument could be presented live at an upcoming NAMM or MusicPlayer network-sponsored event.

Only drawback I see to this is whether Sweet Willie should be eligible to win his own signature bass. There could be legal restrictions on that. Maybe we can buy him a 2nd bass to give to him for use of his name/signature/likeness for the contest.

:D

The share-a-bass is interesting. The Dudepit did it with a "project" bass (everyone that got the bass had to "add" something to it).

The only thing we have to make sure of is that Willie gets it LAST.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Matt W:

0-9 has once again impacted the fastening device upon its bearing surface.

http://www.haze.ca/caelum/images/hammer_nail.jpg Word!

If Mr. S has missed the opportunity to read this, perhaps something from Bass Central would be in order?

ATM

Lug: That looks like Mr Sadowsky has indeed been collaborating or farming out his work to the aforementioned Wishbass company; the mexican blanket is a dead giveaway.

"Is that a real pancho? I mean is that a Mexican Pancho or a Sears pancho?" - F Zappa

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Originally posted by Danzilla:

Lug: That looks like Mr Sadowsky has indeed been collaborating or farming out his work to the aforementioned Wishbass company; the mexican blanket is a dead giveaway.

"Is that a real pancho? I mean is that a Mexican Pancho or a Sears pancho?" - F Zappa

My favorite Zappa quote! (well except for his description of how to be a lead guitar player in the 80'S) :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Archived