Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gigspam - this is a big one

Snowdog79

Hello all. My rock/country band is playing in Denton, TX this Friday (June 10), and we've got some record-label type folks coming out to see us. Not just some indie label either--this is our DREAM label. They like our CD, and they want to see our show.

If anyone is in the area and isn't gigging, your attendance would be really awesome. While they say they're "coming to see the band, not the crowd," it's easier to put on a rocking show if there's a good amout of people there (at least in my case).

Here are the details:

Collin Herring Friday June 10

At Hailey's

122 Mulberry St

Denton, TX

Doors at 9:00, Collin plays at 10:30

Featuring the full band and special guests

Old songs, new songs, new old songs

Hear samples at:

www.collinherring.com

www.myspace.com/collinherring

Thanks again to everyone here. I don't post to often, but anytime I need a question answered you guys are incredibly helpful. Now I'm off to resolder some wires on my old Fender P before Friday....

~Jeremy Hull

hullbass@gmail.com

www.myspace.com/Jeremyhull

www.myspace.com/cowpunkHolyMoly

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bump. I hope it goes well.

:idea:

You've cleared up something that i've been questioning for a while...i never knew that "indie" was independent, i always thought that there was some sort of indian style rock that i've just never noticed.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Thanks guys....I'll let you know how it goes. To my untrained eyes it look like the label is REALLY interested in us, at least from the signals they're sending. I'm trying to not get my hopes up in case I'm reading too much into it.

And I just got that Fender P resoldered. Let's hope it stays this time.

And yes, "Indie" used to mean Independant--i.e. unsigned. However, at this point it's become just another trendy title. Anybody remember "Alternative" music in the 90's? :P

~Jeremy Hull

hullbass@gmail.com

Be cool, snowdog. :cool:

Pretend you're just like one of your idols onstage. Play to your audience, not the media people. They're the ones that really matter.

Make us proud! :thu:

Well, the show went well. We didn't break through to a new level of trancendence, but we didn't screw up either. I think it was representitive of an above-average show for us.

And sometime later this week we'll find out of Lost Highway Records is interested in signing us :)

I, for one, wouldn't mind being labelmates with Wille Nelson, Elvis Costello, and Ryan Adams. . .

Stay tuned for further updates!

~Jeremy Hull

hullbass@gmail.com

Just don't call Ryan Brian by accident. You do not want to get in a fight while you're meeting with some exectutives ;)
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Well, the verdict is in.

They're not signing us right this moment. They're still interested. They're working with us to set us up with a booking agent, and they want to check back in six months or so to see if the live show has gotten to the next level. We're not bad live by any stretch of the imagination (at least in my opinion), but we were a little stiff last Friday.

All in all, I'm happy. And we have a few more labels coming to see us in LA in two weeks :)

~Jeremy Hull

hullbass@gmail.com

It's hard to press on sometimes when you get mixed signals. I think the experience of this type of audition/show will help you "unstiffen" next time. And a booking agent sounds like more gigs - sounds good to me.

congrats on keeping their interest, and for pressing on :thu:

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Way to go, Snow! Keep their interest, and investigate all the other options too. Make sure the booking agent isn't just another person taking another slice out of your pie. Yes, they're making your pie bigger with more shows (hopefully) but if they take more than they're bringing, you've got a problem.

Looking forward to your eventual contract signing!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Archived