Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Iron Maiden

Starman

Hi,

I'm trying to find information related to all the gear such as guitars, amps, drums, bassess etc that the band have used since their incpetion with every line-up. Could somebody please tell me where I can access this info? The stuff I'm looking for is things like the gear set-up used for each album and tour etc...thanks in advance.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that INFO is in the liner notes from the LIVE AFTER DEATH album.right down to how much alcohol was consumed on tour...

starman have you been to

www.ironmaiden.com

?

post this question in the gear section of the iron maiden message boards

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/LOWBOY/goth-T.jpg

Hi Joe Grundy,

The information I need is more specific, I need to know the gear used for each studio album starting from the first to the latest as well as the gear used for each tour. If you want to send the scan to me speficially that'll be great. I did post on maiden.com but no one could help me. Thus why I'm frustrated. Maybe Guitar Player has done interview over the years. Anyway hope this is specific and that somebody can help me.Email is:

iknowbutidontknow@yahoo.com

I've read Steve's set up many times. He's used a bunch of stuff. The only thing that has been fairly consistent is the custom Marshall 4x12's. I know he's used some Trace Elliot. Also, I've read the brand Cornish. I think it's just a wireless though.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Pete cornish, I believe that's a pretty big name, namely in the pedal and effects area if memory serves correctly. I'm too tired to google it right now...off to bed.
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Since 1972, Pete Cornish has created guitar effects and amp routing systems

for the worlds best known performers. From effects boards to power

distribution units, guitar cables to custom speaker cabinets, Pete Cornish

has revolutionized the way music is heard: he allows you to "Free The Tone".

Our handcrafted electronics are rugged, dependable and virtually noise free,

using only the best available components.

I had a second wind :D

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Originally posted by Mike Bear:

I've read Steve's set up many times. He's used a bunch of stuff. The only thing that has been fairly consistent is the custom Marshall 4x12's. I know he's used some Trace Elliot. Also, I've read the brand Cornish. I think it's just a wireless though.

Also, consistency wise, Harris has played pretty much the same P bass for a lot of his career.

He just keeps changing the color.

I'd also to be willing to guess that he uses Rotosound strings, with his favourite team colours for the wraps.

I think it's the Steve Harris set.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived