Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mike Keneally playing in NY on June 17th!!!!

BenLoy

Hey guys and girls,

Mike Keneally is playing at the Knitting Factory on Friday June 17th.

http://www.keneally.com/pix/mk2005/mk05011.jpg

For those of you who aren't familiar with this stuff, the best answer I can give you is to tell you to go here: http://www.keneally.com/mkataglance.html

Or, just listen to his music at www.radiokeneally.com

Id describe him as the freakish result if you stuck Zappas compositional audacity, XTCs pop sensibility, Steve Vais guitar chops, Keith Emersons keyboard chops, and the general goofiness of They Might Be Giants all in a blender and hit puree.

If that sounds like something youd want to hear (it does to me), then you should come see the show.

Oh, and hell be playing with Alex Skolnick (formerly of Testament), wholl be playing with his jazz trio doing bebop versions of 80s metal songs.

Come on, you know that an evening like this doesnt come along that often. Im going one way or the other, so Ill see you all there.

Friday, June 17, 2005

The Knitting Factory

Main Performance Space

74 Leonard Street

New York City , NY 10013

Also featured: The Alex Skolnick Trio

Note early showtime: 7:00 p.m.

Tickets $15 advance, $17 day of show

Info: 212-219-3132

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen the MKB (in many incarnations) several times over the years. I witnessed the first show of this tour in Seattle. It was simply amazing. You should do yourself a favor and go if, for no other reason, than to experience the juggernaught of bass that is Bryan Beller. That man knows how to make the notes go in all the right ways at all the right times.

Plus, who can resist bebop versions of 80s metal songs from Skolnicks band?!?!? I wish I could see that.

Skolnick did some cool stuff on Manring's Thonk. I would enjoy hearing that.

I would also be curious to hear Keneally and Beller. That show is two days before my birthday -- maybe they'd play a song for me...

Unfortunately I will be out of town and can't do it.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I wonder when beller will do his next solo gig on the west coast? I've been diggin that nps radio stream on his website lately, especially "Get Things Done". I defnitely see View in my near future.
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

• 3 weeks later...

There's also a free show tonight in Brooklyn with The Bad Plus and Charlie Hunter.

I have rehearsal.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived