Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mike Mahaffey R.I.P.

Tenstrum

I know you all probably never heard of Mike, but I had the pleasure of jamming with him several years ago on many different occasions. Mike was an incredible guitarist and a good guy. I remember jamming with him on "Stranglehold", "Give It Away", "Rainbow In The Dark","Pull Me Under", and many other songs. Mike never missed a single note and could perfectly duplicate the style of any guitarist he ever heard...

This is particular sad news because he was so young and left 3 small children behind.

Mike and his brother Matt founded the group SELF.

More info:

http://www.selfies.com/updates/

Obituary:

Michael Darren Mahaffey, 38, Murfreesboro, Tenn. Return to top

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Michael Darren Mahaffey, 38, died Wednesday (May 25, 2005).

A native of Kingsport, he was the son of Donald Martin Mahaffey of Gray, Tenn., and Diane Greene Nunley of Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Mr Mahaffey was a member of the River Oaks Community Church and was employed by the City of Murfreesboro.

Mahaffey

Surviving are his wife, Jessica Jamie Welch Mahaffey; sons, Benjamin Michael Mahaffey and Jesse Wayne Mahaffey; daughter, Margaret Elizabeth Mahaffey, all of Murfreesboro, Tenn.; father, Donald Martin Mahaffey of Gray, Tenn.; mother and step-father, Diane Greene Nunley and Wayne Nunley of Murfreesboro, Tenn.; brother, Matthew (Matt) Don Mahaffey of Los Angeles, Calif.; sister, Melanie Diane Mahaffey of Jacksonville, Fla.; several aunts, uncles and cousins.

Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Woodfin Memorial Chapel in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Services will be 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home with Pastor Mark Norris officiating.

Burial will be private for the family at Evergreen Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, a scholarship fund for Mike's children is being established. Memorials to this fund can be made to the River Oaks Community Church, 316 W. Lytle St., Murfreesboro, Tenn., 37130, in memory of Mr. Mahaffey.

www.woodfinchapel.com.

Local comments on Mike's death:

http://www.gotricities.com/thebuzz/viewtopic.php?t=4632

RIP Mike....

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always sad to hear of an early passing...

My condolences to his family and friends, and to you as well, Tenstrum.

RIP

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Glad you had a chance to check out Self, Yogi. Mike was very diversified and not afraid to show or play it.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Archived