Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

gig spam: Miller Lite Girls dig Blue Winter

The Fonz

my band is playing two sets at a bar on the upper east side. The place is American Trash @ 1471 1st Ave (76th St). The time is 8:30 pm Friday , May 13th. This is a friday night with no cover at a regular bar so drink prices will not be out of control- unlike a club- so everyone can attend.

we are playing two sets totalling appx 2 hours, so this is more of a party hosted by us. and we'll be mixing in some originals as to promote what we do normally. we would like to be asked back and the owners of a more lucrative bar will be in attendance, so the more you go and the more you drink the better for us.

everybody put on your party hats and free up friday night!

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I do believe I may try and make this shindig...

Sounds like the possibility of a good time. :)

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Damn - I'm going away for the weekend early Friday.

I'll check your New And Improved website for another date - I'm getting anxious to check out this cracker.

Hope the show goes well !!!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

I'll check your New And Improved website for another date - I'm getting anxious to check out this cracker.

Tom

Tom- Having seen the Crack-ster rock with the Blue ones, I will vouch for the rocque. It is brought, no fears.

Peace,

wraub

just an update. found out it also a miller lite promo night at the bar in question. miller lite girls will be there handing out beer and tee-shirts.

so let's see, good band, no cover, familiar songs to sing along with, and hot chicks with beer. why are you not already there camped out?

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

Unfortunately, despite my good intentions, I was unable to attend this gig. --Dub $$

Ditto. Somehow I missed the train connection... anyway I wish I could be there. ;)
- Matt W.

i know. i'm waiting for the green light from my singer. unfortunately i'm the only one in the band that speaks fluent physical violence and one of his friends was all over his wife tonight.

i don't know, i had a great time. people danced. that's new to me. hopefully we entertained. i know i'm ass-over-teakettle drunk at the moment, i'm just hoping wraub and getz had a good time (we decided to wear 'other bands' tee-shirts tonight, my choice was second lucy).

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Righteous. Thanks for the quick'n'late words about the gig.

Originally posted by Ace Cracker:

(we decided to wear 'other bands' tee-shirts tonight, my choice was second lucy).

An excellent practice that I fully endorse.

Sounds like there was drama unrelated to the actual performance.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

and my sober reply...

yowza. that was fun. anyone in a band that has not done a couple hours of covers at a local bar must do so. people singing along, dancing on tables, you rarely get that reaction to originals (at least WE rarely do). as a matter of fact we got a better reaction to our original music last night than we ordinarily do.

the miller lite girls were a lot of fun. they danced and sang with the crowd. i wasn't sure if they were going to be a distraction or not but they really helped out and pulled for us.

even the owner. he walks over at the end of our second set and tells us our time is up, that it's late and he needs to cut us off. then he fades two heads back in the crowd and yells "one more!"

as for the non-performance related drama, there was a couple of jerks. most notably the guy who grew up with the singer that was all over his wife like a wet tee-shirt at the end of the night. that bothered me. tarek was pretty lit up and we were trying to get him and his wife outside and into a cab. i wound up grabbing one of her friends to steer him out while i physically pried this jackass off his wife and removed her from the bar. i let him know what was going on as i sent him home and managed to avoid a fight by telling him as he got into the cab.

overall, that was an awesome night. too bad i'm fairly certain the place is a pillar of salt by now.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

I'm truly sorry I missed this.

I had plans last night that fell through, and forgot Blue Winter was playing!

I ended up sitting at home on a Friday night practicing and watching The West Wing on DVD.

Crap. I'm sure the rok was brought-en! :thu:

Originally posted by getz76:

The rock was brought. AC provided. Wraub didn't bring love, but he brought a camera. ;)

wtf? I thought I brought both... (sob)

Seriously, a packed house, a receptive crowd, and a good time for most. :) I had fun.

E definitely brings le rocque.

A good show.

Peace,

wraub

Archived