Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Frontier bass, what is it?

Tommi

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard of it. It looks like it's from the late 70's and it looks like it's homemade. It's got a DiMarzio pickup in it, no one has used those in a long time. It's also unusual in that the one P-type pickup is supposed to pick up all 8 strings.

The price is 4000? 4000 what?

If it was really inexpensive it might be fun to have. It really doesn't appear to have any resale value to me.

4000:- SEK, Swedish Kronor. About $571. The description only tells its used, 8-string, neck-thruogh, splittable? p-pickup, natural color and gold hardware.

I believe that the price could be negotiable, aren't they always?

I have 4, 5 & 6 stringed basses, and a FL 4 so an eight string could be fun. Or could it?

This is the only reference I could find;

Instruments previously produced in Japan during the early 1980s.

Frontier guitars feature good quality original designs as well as copies of American designs. One puzzling model is the signature model of Norris Fant. Guitar collectors or Fan club members who wish to enlighten us on Mr. Fant are invited to write to the Blue Book of Electric Guitars , (Source: Tony Bacon and Paul Day, The Guru´s Guitar Guide ).

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Originally posted by jeremy c:

Never heard of it. It looks like it's from the late 70's and it looks like it's homemade. It's got a DiMarzio pickup in it, no one has used those in a long time.

For that matter, when's the last time anyone woodburned the name "Triumph" onto an instrument?

:freak::D

Archived