Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Completely OT - Computer Question

57pbass

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo!

For a brother from Forest Hills (68th Rd, during the 60s), you can stop the dvd (freeze), then do a Screen Capture like this:

hold down the 'alt' button and hit the 'PrtSc' button (up top, to the right of the F12 key). Then 'start/programs/accessories/paint', and hit 'edit/paste', and your screen capture should appear by magic. You can edit the picture via 'cropping', or use a photo editor to adjust it to your needs.

So there. Say hi to Austin St. for me! Used to be one of the best pizza parlors there - King George Pizza, near Continental Ave. Pardon my drool.

Peace,

Tim from Jersey via 108th St & 68th Rd.

Play. Just play.

Awesome. I got the screen capture but when it printed I just got a black page with the commands ..play / pause/ etc.. I'll play around with it..

I dont know whn the last time you where in the area but is has changed since the 60's ..Starbucks/Staples Micky D's Gap etc.... all the small town charm is gone.. its still a good area ..I think King George is there..I'll take a look tomorrow.. Thanks ..

www.danielprine.com

You can get small screen-capture programs - I used them years ago. Try 'downloads.com' and look in Utilities fro 'screen capture'. You should get something there that either captures the whole screen or only the current window.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Make sure that you get a program that can take both software and hardware screen captures. Most computer DVDs use hardware to play back the image instead of software such as Win Media Player. I recomend Power DVD or Win DVD. Both will take excellent screen captures from DVDs.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

You've got to make sure that those programs will do a hardware capture of the screen and not just software. If you try to do a screen capture while playing a DVD WITHOUT setting your screen capture program for hardware, all you're going to get is a blank screen shot or one of your desktop background. DVD-ROM drives use thier internal hardware to decoded and overlay the video from the DVD being played onto the screen. Just pushing the Print Screen key won't cut it. All it will capture is what Windows sees, NOT what your DVD-ROM is doing. I know PowerDVD and WinDVD both have a utility built into them that allows a hardware screen capture. I think that you can download them both with a free trial period.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Archived