Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi O.T. - I wonder...

JBFLA

...If BassPlayer offers a Mag format (bigger print) for Geezers like me? - maybe ADA-TV.

Adults in Denial About - Their Vision

I know my arms aren't going to get longer, these eyes aren't going to get stronger; but some of the sidebar print is really tiny.

Yeah, I know - time to get to the Eye Doc's and get glasses (bite the 'Vanity' Bullet), or at least get reading glasses.

...or buy stock in companies that make magnifying lenses.

I'm just sayin'...

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen Brother!

I thought I was going to beat it... but on my 42nd birthday... I went blind (not literally, just the old-age kind of blindness)!

Now I am 45 and things is a-goin' from bad to worse!

I am going to have to bite the bullet and get some real glasses. But thank goodness for the $1 Store reading glasses, which I have about 10 pairs of!

I feel your pain! :D

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Originally posted by Connie Z:

Now I am 45 ... connie z

I remember 45...

...kinda...

...sorta...

:eek:

(P.S. - diggin' your "Oldies Band" thread. Thanks for the updates, and Best of Luck!!

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Originally posted by SteveC:

It sucks getting old....

Yeah - Bad eyesight and GAS at the same time.

All I need is an IRS audit to round out the "Terrible Trio"...

"Kidding - I'm just KIDDING!!!!"

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Man, you guys are really depressing.

P.S. Do you every yell at young children you go on your lawns?

Just Kiddin.....

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Originally posted by musicfiend:

Man, you guys are really depressing.

P.S. Do you every yell at young children you go on your lawns?

Just Kiddin.....

Hey you, out there in the cold

Getting lonely, getting old, can you feel me?

Hey you, standing in my lawn

With itchy feet and big fat yawns,

can you feel me?

Hey you, don't help them to bury the bore..or..dom

Don't give in without a fight.

FWIW - I'm contemplating a purchase from Jack for a Purity Pre. It's the best I've heard. And I know he had a hand in the advice dept on my fretless (construction-wise):

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAA0Ay8WjTfOU14d1ogreJQZUzWKXuiHkvhAPqCPs*1oEFx8jUP2ysmvjYrpGcElTMH6grxgAHZ7!rfNtFeZs9bZuIj9RiDZrioqCb*q3msT*cbZqEv9tw/AAAA0030.JPG

He does amazing work.

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Originally posted by jeremy c:

Hey folks,

I'm wearing tri-focals.

Top for distance

Bottom for reading

and most importantly, middle for reading music.

NO....we meant read as in JACK READ :D
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Got my first restriction on a D.L. last month. I have worn specs for years but could always make out the test at the DMV.

At least we ain't gettin' younger. I was increadably stupid as a youngester. Plus this way there is a chance I won't go out in diapers. If we got younger you know that would happen.

A quick reference to the search feature and guess what? We've had this topic before in: OT: Reading Glasses.

But really, I couldn't expect you to ever search THAT!

Yep, getting old is tough. Now guess what? My progressives are now too weak. Gotta break down and get some more.

I definitely recommend the Titanium flex-frame. Indestructible...the best frames I've ever used.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

This question came up some time back - I think someone wrote to me privately. The answer is that BP does not produce a large format version.

I wrote a review of the lastest BP redesign and pointed to any time they made the print smaller. I know that space has a cost, but you can't go smaller than we already have.

I wear reading glasses, but that's not the whole problem. Many of us read the mag in less than ideal places - I used to read it over dinner at a club before a jam. Now I'm reading on the platform for the subway/train. Limited light and bad eyes together make small print impossible.

Of course many of us read it in a well-lit room where there's a hole in the seat...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived