Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Foot Switches for Drum Machines

tatudbassman

I just bought my first drum machine, an Alesis SR-16 (per lowdowners). I've really realized this last week, how dependent I am on a drummer. I took a interactive metronome test, and found out that my timing isn't were it should be.

BTW...what is the difference between latched, and un-latched pedals? I need to run to GC (Tonight!) and get some decent pedals...one for on/off, and for fills/patterns. The drum machine is great! My metronome has been collecting dust for years because it's so boring (for one thing). The DM is fun to work with and program.

Thanks!

p.s. Any recomendations on pedals?

Vince

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks when I bought the Alesis Saturday, they gave me some cheap Tascam's w/90's on the ends. Tonight I bought (2)Boss FS-5U's, and a couple of LiveWire 5 ft cables. I usually use Monsters but, since they're not going to have much wear and tear, I went cheaper.

Thanks for your help!

Vince

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

Hey Vince:

I don't understand what you're using the pedals for? Are you using one as a kick drum and the other as a hihat pedal, or something like that?

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

If I understand correctly, drum machine patterns can be triggered using a switch. You can use one switch to start/stop a pre-programmed pattern and another one to switch between different pre-programmed patterns. This is what I think tatudbassman was trying to do.

Archived