Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you wear on stage?

wraub

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/lorenzomercado/basswear2.jpg

that is what i wear on stage, if u will please notice the shirt from a diffrent band, wearin ur own is a no no. Also the no shoes,,,,well i just dont have shoes on :P .Like all the other guys tho if it was a formal affair like a wedding or on stage playing in a guitar assemble that it would be more dressed up

The basses

-'04 MIM Jazz bass black

-'98 Fender American-Deluxe P-bass natural

-Peavey FuryII blue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball... and if you can see, you can probably dress for the stage.

Like Mista Cohen sez, I think performers should do something to make themselves visually stand out from the crowd in one way or another. And your clothing choices should (in some way) help reinforce the music you play with a visual presentation matching/complimenting the music.

For Cottonmouth D.N., like S-Dubya sez, we like the "everyone in black" thing... but we have a variety of looks happeningFu likes his calfskin leather pants and tight black t-shirts, #6 likes his "high fashion"t ight black cargo trousers and expensive black t-shirts, Droop likes black jeans or Dickies trousers and garden-variety black pocket T-shirts and I like to wear black BDU trousers or Dickies work pants and black Dickies button-down shirts... We still look like we're in the same band, but we're not in "uniforms."

For Mean Ether (my other band), Droop and I basically dress the same, but that's mainly because we always tend to dress this way.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Fred - you should pick up an authentic guayaberra. Ramon Puig in Miami is the Cuban Genious behing the latin 'regular guy' shirt.

Many imitators, but only one real guayaberra!

I have 4 of em. Chicks dig em.

I don't wear my guayaberra on stage.... too powerful.

If I could wear a bathrobe on stage I would.

The old metal gig was black shirts black jeans or black BDU pants and doc martins.

The prog gig was aloud pin-striped double breasted coat.

Now its whatever I feel like wearin - just play dammit.

CMDN, I do like the all black look. Y'all look mean as a cottonmouth! :D

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball...
Hopefully, no one will be throwing wrenches at you while you're on stage....

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Tenstrum...

Thanks.

You need to see Dodgeball: The Movie to get the whole wrench thing.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

OK, S-Dubs...

Sir Seamus McNasty....

But the rainbow shouldn't lead to a pot of gold.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

First, we have to put PJR on "What Not To Wear". That green shirt and blue bass are clash-city.

And it's Don Vito Nasty-ono. Don't you guys have any ethnic integrity at all?

What CMDN didn't say is that while himself and Drew are in black with Mean Ether, nobody sees them because the leader's hair is red.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

First, we have to put PJR on "What Not To Wear". That green shirt and blue bass are clash-city.

And it's Don Vito Nasty-ono. Don't you guys have any ethnic integrity at all?

Tom

So I'm guessing you wouldn't approve of that same shirt with my Purple SR5 ??

:)

Don Vito Nastu-ono

Archived