Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! - I'm being assaulted by The Who!!!!

Tenstrum

For the past week, every time I've turned on the TV, Radio, or got on the internet, something to do with The Who pops up....

I can take a hint!

I'm going to go pick up the greatest hits today. Please! The Who stop stalking me! I promise to learn "Won't get fooled again" and "Teenage Wasteland"...

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tenstrum:

I promise to learn "Won't get fooled again" and "Teenage Wasteland"...

They won't stop stalking you until you start calling "Teenage Wasteland" by its proper name. :D

http://simpsons.metropoliglobal.com/famosos/BABF20TheWho.jpg

"For instance" is not proof.

Wow. I was just commenting on The Who permeating the store music systems yesterday. Everywhere we went - The Who. It's not even Christmas music!What gives?

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

What's the actual name of that song? Something like BABA RILEY?

Everything came to a head last night whenever I walked in and found my room mate watching my Blue Man Group DVD and they were performing that song...I was like aaahhhhhh Pete Townsend is stalking me!!!!

You're part of the conspiracy too zeronyne aren't you??!?!?!?!? I KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE!!!!!

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

You're part of the conspiracy too zeronyne aren't you??!?!?!?!? I KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE!!!!!

Who, me?

http://rhee.net/LDLD/tenstrum.gif

EDIT>>I didn't realize, until I posted my own ethnic complexion in there, just HOW WHITE the Who are! Damn! :D

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO is stalking me!!!!!!!

WHO is sucking my soul out!!!!!!!!!!

WHO is disintegrating my brain!!!!!!

WHO are pod people!!!!!

:freak::freak:

That's pretty freaking funny!

Those white boys can play though!

:thu:

Tenstrum

Assaulted by The Who?

Lucky Guy. At least you have ears to hear it.

The Who is brilliant.

I have Tommy memorized.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

"Let big bucks open the door.." er, "my love"... yeah, that's it. Not meant to say he can't make a living from his craft; he's earned it. He had some good things to say about his "selling out" on his website a while back; basicly said that when the commercials use the actual Who recordings, the whole band makes money, and he wants to share as much with Roger (and John's & Keith's estates) as he can, as he initially made the most from royalties. Not leting them be used would be denying the others income, and he's not vain enough to do that. Awesome, influential band that was truly greater than the sum of it's parts.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Who, me?

http://rhee.net/LDLD/tenstrum.gif

EDIT>>I didn't realize, until I posted my own ethnic complexion in there, just HOW WHITE the Who are! Damn! :D

Damn right, Zeronyne...The Who needs an Asian in the band, and I'm sure they've got a couple openings. I'd audition if I were you. Even us poor tired ol' white guys get sick of looking at those chalky complexions all the time.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

And last night, I turn on Music Choice to hear Van Halen doing a version of "Won't get fooled again"...

It was actually pretty cool.

Tenstrum

I have not purchased any "Best Of" Who albums, but I have most of them otherwise. The "Live At The Isle Of Wight" is a great album and DVD. I went to the premier of that DVD the weekend Entwistle died. He was supposed to be there and talk. Ran Manzerik spoke instead about him. So many good Who albums.

If you are sick of the raido hits. Listen to "The Who By Numbers". There's about 3 radio songs, but you normally won't hear them as much as others. It's one of my favorite Who albums. For those that didn't know Entwistle did the cover art for that album.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Originally posted by The Tedster of Christmas Present:

Damn right, Zeronyne...The Who needs an Asian in the band, and I'm sure they've got a couple openings. I'd audition if I were you. Even us poor tired ol' white guys get sick of looking at those chalky complexions all the time.

I wonder if Rabbit is going to retire soon...I'd love the keyboard chair in that band. :D

Archived