Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Basshappi

To all my Lowdown brothers and sisters,

I am going to be off hunting elk till after Christmas. So I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas (or winter holiday of your choice). I hope that you each get lots of toys and goodies (even if they arent made by Alembic :D ), and that you have the joy of friends and family throughout this holiday season.

Dearest Regards,

Basshappi :wave:

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck finding one of those in tucson :P

Today's lame joke is brought to you by the Big Kahuna ;)

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Happy Hollandaise, whatever you celebrate. If you're someone that doesn't have a holiday this time of year, thanks for putting up with everybody that does.

I really don't want to be a grinch but some of the people around me make it so easy. Well that combined with people jamming happiness and false sentiments down your throat every 5 seconds...

In an effort go change my grinchy ways I'll leave you with this gem from 1958 .

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Happy Holidays.

hopefully, if things go right, i'll be able to meet Basshappi before New Years. I'll be going down to Tucson Arizona (my birth town) and visiting family, and touring the University.

I'll send ya a PM Basshappi (i'll call ya if you don't respond).

Hope everyone here has a safe and happy Christmas/Hanukkah/Kawanza! and gets lots of cool gifts. :thu:

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

Happy Holidays to all!

I'm subbing for a local punk/pop band in the final of a local battle of the bands comp on the 29th, so I've to learn their set over the holiday period. Shouldn't be too hard though, 3 chords seemsthe order of the day!

It'll hopefully keep me of the beer! :freak:

Be well :thu:

Grizzly Bears Don't Fear Anyone.

Angry Cheetahs Emerge Growling.

I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time!

Originally posted by basshappi:

I am going to be off hunting elk till after Christmas. So I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas (or winter holiday of your choice). I hope that you each get lots of toys and goodies (even if they arent made by Alembic :D ), and that you have the joy of friends and family throughout this holiday season. :wave:

Thanks so much HappiBassMan! Same to you too! Good luck on getting lots of elk which will hopefully bring you lots of sausage, or steaks or roasts, or whatever the popular elk dish is!

Around these parts it's alligator and nutria! (Just kidding, we eat other stuff too: boudin, etouffee, jambalaya and muffulettas!)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

... connie

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

We had a fun solstice party and jam last night.

Happy Holidays to everyone here. May all of your travel plans be safe and pleasant. I'm spending Christmas in the Heart of the Appalachians with my inlaws, near Summersville, WV. I can't wait for that Christmas dinner. Lord.

Together all sing their different songs in union - the Uni-verse.

My Current Project

Steve Martin (customer and fellow bassist from Down Under) sent his holiday creation and suggested I share it. And so I did:

http://www.doublebass.biz/basst_wishes.gif

My best to you and yours for the holidays!

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

Originally posted by tnb:

Happy holidays everybody :wave:

Connie, what's a nutria.

It is actually a rodent of unusual size (pretty large - cat sized), looks pretty much like a rat.

They are not indiginious to this area, but were brought here, and have taken over the swamps and canals. The Sheriff of Jefferson Parish (the 'county' that I live in), instituted a program where the deputies drive along the canals at night and shoot the nutrias, cause they are causing so much damage to the structure of the canals. That program seems to have actually really helped the problem.

They are supposedly "good eatin'" and Chef Paul Prudhomme made a bunch of recipes with nutria as the main feature!

So, there you go!

I have personally never tasted it, and probably won't. :P:D

Edit: Here is a link with a photo: http://www.iisgcp.org/EXOTICSP/nutria.htm

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Archived