Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MUSIC-RELATED Photography

g.

11x17 Virtual Records poster - all the partners had scads of these around, in several different color combinations.

11x17 greenboy poster - especially made for the NAMA promo spotlight performances.

Lyrics to greenboy theme song - on Virtual Records letterhead; given out at NAMA promo party.

Proof sheet for greenboy tee-shirt - at the time the cheapest way to get the shirts made was to then take this graphic and separate it out to two negatives to make silkscreens from.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forceman,

Try as I may I cannot find a full-on photo of that bass (a lot of them got ripped off along with most of my other belongings). Back then I just got it because it was a Fender that a good player thought was a killer deal - I think it was a Tellie-type {;} Precision but I can't remember whether it was an original or a reissue (back then it surely didn't matter to me particularly - I just always tried to clean up whenever something cool came around).

Nearly the last of my pre-theft design morgue:

11x17 G-mula poster design - I collaborated with my stablemate on this one.

Diao Diao poster proof - stablemates about to release a video performance, needed graphics. My design. Since I did most of the video work...

Diao-Diao cassette J-card design - collaborated with the main brain of the band.

My wife used to book bands as the Public Relations Director for a Chicago suburb. It allowed me unfettered access to the stage.

Cheap Trick

Cheap Trick: Robin and Tom (with his Chandler 12 String)

Tom Petersson in front of Rick Nielsen\'s Marshall Stacks

The Fixx

The Fixx (with a cameo by my wife)

The Fixx: Jamie West-Oram

The Fixx: Cy doing his Cy thing

By the way, The Fixx are one kickass band. They were doing a little festival show, and they gave it their all like it was a packed arena. Cheap Trick, on the other hand.... :rolleyes:

"For instance" is not proof.

Been a while since I posted here regularly, but I know I promised a shot of my pedalboard back when Wraub was looking at options, and I finally got a digital shot of it. It's made out of a 35mph speed limit sign that my parents had lying around their house. Who knows where they got it. I drilled holes through it and ran cable ties through the holes to hold the pedals down. Combined with the rubber on the backs of the pedals, this keeps them in place pretty well, and it's cheap and non-destructive. Props to CMDN for the idea.

Take a look here .

The signal chain looks worse than it is. Basically, it's a two channel setup being run by the LS-2 mixer pedal in the middle, which also powers all the others with a daisy-chain cord. The left channel has the MXR Bass DI, which gives me EQ and overdrive, and the Boss CH1 Chorus, which is for guitar but I like it and I haven't noticed any bass loss.

On the right channel I have my DOD "green monster" envelope and the Digitech Bass Driver set to Marshall At 11. The envelope is a great pedal--I really like the sound out of it and it's very cheap. The downside is that it's very sensitive, so I'm having to learn to play very carefully, and it creates a volume drop of about 30% when activated. For that reason, the volume on the distortion is lowered to a similar level and then the channel volume is turned up by about 50% at the LS2. This evens things out.

I can also run both channels added through the pedal, which is a little trippy - having one distorted bass chorus and one fuzzed out envelope mixed sounds huge, and I use it when we cover Time is Running Out, by Muse. Most of the time, though, the main purpose for all this crazy wiring is to let me swap out more than one pedal at once without having to tapdance. I can go from light to heavy distortion, from chorus to envelope, or a number of other combinations, with one tap. It amuses me and the drummer, and annoys the guitarist.

Archived