Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just snagged Digitech BP-8 tube preamp/effects processor off Ebay!

Gruuve

Cool. When I started down the path of playing in church (and knowing that I wouldn't be using my SWR rig AND might need more flexibility in tone) I started looking for a bass tube preamp + effects processor all in a rugged footboard setup. I was very disappointed to find out that not a single mfg makes anything like that nowadays. I ended up with an MXR M80 (which is great at doing what it's designed to do), but was still looking for something more.

I guess the Boss GT-6B probably comes closest, but I was truly looking for a tube preamp, and there doesn't seem to be any of those even in stompbox form (well, maybe one? Seems like I recall seeing something from ElectroHarmonix...) Anyway, I had forgotten that Digitech used to make this tube pre + effects unit until I spotted one on Ebay. There were actually several, and I snagged one at what I believe is probably a good price ($133)...certainly better than the $350-400 it used to sell for new. I checked reviews on Harmony Central (compared it to the Boss GT-6B since it's current generation) and the reviews seems overall pretty good...a few complaints here and there. Anyway, hopefully I'll have it in my hot little hands long enough to create some patches I really like by the Nov 14 church gig.

If anyone has any great advice on good things to try or things to avoid with this gadget, please post. I'm thinking the first thing I'll probably do is put a new preamp tube in.

L8r,

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A way overlooked wonder. A fine meat and potatoes preamp and EQ in that box, and everything else is generally good or better iceing on the cake. I've posted a lot about it here; I wonder if that travesty of a search engine will pull the good stuff up...

Originally posted by greenboy:

I've posted a lot about it here; I wonder if that travesty of a search engine will pull the good stuff up...

It does and I've already read it! Thx!

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived