Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strap Position

Re Che

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really such a personal issue. Seriously, it varies from person to person. My bass pretty much rests on my stomach, but the reason it's positioned there is to keep my left arm and hand in a comfortable position on the neck, and then my right arm's comfort comes into question. Just try to find where your left (or fretting) arm is the most comfortable, and your strap setting will prett well determine itself.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

It's partly a personal issue, yes, but on the purely pragmatic side, I can't see how some of you whom wear your bass down super low can possibly fret properly past the 9th or 10th fret.

Maybe you don't?

Bingo.

There's nothing much that I want up there, but I do visit from time to time.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I strap my bass on with the lower 4rth of the body over the belt buckle region. This allows you to lift your leg up to a sitting position without it resulting in tilting the body, but allowing it to JUST rest on the top of your let. A well balanced bass that suits you will not be top heavy or such and you can basically worry about fretting and playing and not too much about balance. This allows me to jump around and dance and not have it smacking off my knees, while it remains balanced allowing me to use that fretboard!
Check out my work in progress.

Archived