Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just snagged Ampeg BA-112 from Guitar Center for $199

Gruuve

Brand new in the box. Apparently, they aren't going to stock them anymore. This location had one in stock and it was marked $199. If anyone else is looking for one of these (it's the 50-watt 12" combo), I'd suggest calling a Guitar Center that's within reasonable distance and claim it if they have it. I'd assume all Guitar Center locations are making the same decision (which of course could be an invalid assumption). The BA-112 normally sells new for $379 or so, so this is almost half price.

I've played mine briefly...I'm not sure if it handles a low B as well as I'd like...I might end up exchanging it for a BA-115, but at the price it's worth buying it first to see if I like (knowing that I can return it within 30 days).

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you got a good deal. Congrats. :thu:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

I've had one for years. Simply my favorite small bass amp. Congrats!

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I'm having a hard time deciding between the BA-112 and the BA-115. (Guitar Center had a slightly used BA-115 that I knew I could snag for $250 + tax, so I went back and bought that one as well. I wanted to compare them side-by-side, then return one.) Anyway, the BA-112 sounds great, but the BA-115 sounds more like a giggable amp to me. It has a thick and full sound, plenty of lows. Now, I can't see ever needing to gig with it, but the BA-115 does seem more capable than the BA-112, and for only the additional $50 (the fact that the BA-115 is used is irrelevant to me) it seems like the obvious choice. The only issue is that the BA-115 is larger and weighs 50% more. It's very difficult to carry with one hand. The BA-112 on the other hand is actually quite easy to carry with one hand.

Right now, I'm leaning toward returning the BA-112 and keeping the BA-115. Btw, if anyone wants the BA-112, shoot me an email at davesisk@ipass.net. I'll be happy to let it go for what I have in it ($199 + tax, plus shipping cost unless you pick it up) rather than simply returning it.

I keep thinking back to the post about getting a cart to roll this stuff around. I might have to make a quick visit to Harbor Freight Tools for a cheap, rugged cart... ;)

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived