Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Speaking of Politics...

Edendude

Interesting feature article in Rolling Stone this month.

Springsteen, Dave Matthews, Eddy Vedder, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Dixie Chicks, John Mellencamp, and a host of others are trying their best to spread the word about the importance of removing the Bush admin from power. Some very interesting comments there from the people at the top of the music community.

Anyone here read it?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Politics? Here? No...please.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I have not read this article and probably wont..

My Opinion.....

I think Springsteen is a jerk - he always seems to show up to "save the day".

And then proceeds to cash in on the situation...with some of the proceeds going to the cause...

Ever since he wrote and performed the song about the police shooting I have no use for him or his music...and his wifes new album ..thats another rant...

www.danielprine.com

Don't hold back, Dan. Tell us how you really feel. ;)

Springsteen is a tool. I grew up in his hood. Amazing how you can quickly lose touch.

There's a story about a band I played in where we were bumped from a rather famous NJ shore venue because "The Boss" decided he wanted to come and play an acoustic set that night. Fair enough, he's an institution. But the fact the fellow didn't come by and say hello to the bands planning to showcase that night and offer some type of conversation is what pissed me off. There's more to the story... but I'm not sure there's any more of a point.

Oh jeeze - Come on guys. I mean look, these guys - Springstien, Vedder, and the rest of them - they're just trying to stick up for the little guys. Guys like you and I, because afterall, we have sooooo much incommom with them and can easily identify to their life style (being everyday joes).

For instance - Being a multi-millionaire, owning anything we want... ya know... traits of the "all american blue collar worker"...

What a F'ing joke.

Originally posted by Edendude:

So Springsteen not talking to the bands at the showcase in NJ years ago is somehow more important than the fundamental message these artists are trying to get across?

Does musical talent and success somehow translate into political savvy such that I should bother listening to them? I wouldn't take their advice on how to properly waterproof a deck, or flush my radiator, or treat a bad case of illiotibial band friction syndrome, so why should I listen to their recommendations for a presidential candidate?

As far as Getz76 is concerned, it IS more important, because it's the only actual, personal interaction he's had with The Boss, and therefore is going to weigh far greater in consideration than what The Boss says in front of an audience.

The true measure of a man is how he acts when he thinks nobody is looking.

So Springsteen not talking to the bands at the showcase in NJ years ago is somehow more important than the fundamental message these artists are trying to get across?

Again my opinion...

NO ..but I would never look to Bruce or Eddy Vedder for any political advice or info...

www.danielprine.com

Originally posted by ClarkW:

Does musical talent and success somehow translate into political savvy such that I should bother listening to them? I wouldn't take their advice on how to properly waterproof a deck, or flush my radiator, or treat a bad case of illiotibial band friction syndrome, so why should I listen to their recommendations for a presidential candidate?

As far as Getz76 is concerned, it IS more important, because it's the only actual, personal interaction he's had with The Boss, and therefore is going to weigh far greater in consideration than what The Boss says in front of an audience.

Are you calling me a jerkoff!?!?!? :mad:

:D

Originally posted by lug:

Politics? Here? No...please.

Agreed, so my two cents will sidestep the politics.

1. I've spoken to enough celebs and stars in my time to realize they are just like you and me and everyone else. Some are full of humility and concern for the individual, some are full of themselves, and some are just full of it. I think we can figure out who fits what profile. (and I did see Bruce on CNN but I won't go there)

2. Bruce may be more successful than I will ever be, but I bet I'm happier than he is.

:D

Originally posted by getz76:

Originally posted by lug:

Are you calling me a jerkoff!?!?!? :mad:
Holy crap... you made me spit Diet Dr. Pepper on that one. Nice.[/QB]

****bows to getz76, bows to the forum******

No politics here please.

I vote, it gives me the right to bitch about things.

I really don't think musicians or other famous people should get involved.

BTW: I hate Sprinstein and beg him to break his association with NJ. I used to work with someone (boss's son) that had 4 casettes in constant rotation (60+ hours a week). 2 from Springstein's box set, Wilson Philips, and Meatloaf. All of which should be played as hold music on the Poison control hotline.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

BTW: I hate Sprinstein and beg him to break his association with NJ. I used to work with someone (boss's son) that had 4 casettes in constant rotation (60+ hours a week). 2 from Springstein's box set, Wilson Philips, and Meatloaf. All of which should be played as hold music on the Poison control hotline.[/QB]

I have 2 agree here,,,, and if we are talkin the "P" word,,,,i say JermeyC 4 president

The basses

-'04 MIM Jazz bass black

-'98 Fender American-Deluxe P-bass natural

-Peavey FuryII blue

Archived